We offer a hybrid work environment. Most US-based positions can also be performed remotely (any exceptions will be noted in the Minimum Qualifications below.)
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects job seekers with millions of businesses of all sizes through innovative mobile app, web, and email services, as well as partnerships with the best job sites on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Summary of Job:
As a Lead Product Manager for Search, you will be responsible for the development and optimization of our search engine aimed at surfacing relevant job opportunities to job seekers. You will directly lead improving our search technology (from search engine to reranking models) in order to drive better results for our job seekers. This is an opportunity to make a huge impact on our job seekers and get hands on with our core job search technology.
- Become the domain expert in our underlying search technology - you’ll be the point of contact for all products that depend on our job search capabilities. You’ll become the expert on our search recommendations systems and underlying data.
- Constantly use and audit our search results - build empathy for our job seekers by using the product
- Write specs, manage project execution, and define product rollout strategy and communications
- Deliver product roadmap, advocate for new features, and write documentation for technical and non-technical audiences
- Work with Executive, Product, Engineering, Analytics, Sales, and Marketing teams to prioritize and launch improvements to our search technology
- 4+ years combined professional experience in product, data science, or engineering
- You have previous experience working with some type of recommender engine
- You’re comfortable diving into data - you can construct a fundamental SQL query and are capable of running your own research queries when needed
- Ability to construct insightful questions, query, and interpret qualitative and quantitative data
- Demonstrable track record leading a cross-functional team without authority, driving execution and making team members more productive
- BS in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working on search engines and reranking models
- Experience as a product or business leader, owning and driving business outcomes
- Previous experience working as a software engineer or data scientist
- You can read and write pseudocode - you speak a common technical language
- You possess a strong proficiency with analytics tools and platforms (such as Jupyter Notebooks, Periscope, or other platforms) and use data to make product decisions, set priorities, and measure success
As part of our team you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $177,500-$235,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location, and the range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, role-related knowledge and skills, depth of experience, relevant education or training, and additional role-related considerations.
Depending on the position offered, equity, bonuses, commission, or other forms of compensation may also be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits.
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Privacy Notice: For information about ZipRecruiter's collection and processing of job applicant personal data for this job, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/job-applicant-privacy-notice