We offer a hybrid work environment. Most US-based positions can also be performed remotely (any exceptions will be noted in the Minimum Qualifications below.)
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects millions of all-sized businesses and job seekers through innovative mobile, web, and email services, as well as through partnerships with the best job boards on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
About the Team:
We’re looking for software engineers who can handle the volume of data created by billions of interactions within our ecosystem. This enables the machine learning and analysis capabilities required of a growing distributed system.
At ZipRecruiter, we’re looking for software engineers who are passionate about building an intuitive experience for our marketplace of job seekers and employers. Our stack is complex and we prioritize cutting-edge smart match technology, innovation, and cross functional collaboration. Our teams have a unique opportunity to work at scale - build effective, data driven applications, stream and batch data processing, and develop ML infrastructure - all to help connect people to their next great opportunity.
About the Job:
- Build data processing and exploration pipelines along with ML infrastructure to power our intelligence using tools like Spark and Flink
- Take part in the full life cycle of user-facing applications at scale, from design to implementation, testing and production
- Develop a strong understanding of the business, industry, codebase, and/or systems
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- Comprehensive computer science fundamentals in coding, object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms
- Fluency with at least one general purpose programming language
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- BS/MS/PhD in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Fluency in multiple programming languages or ability to pick up new languages quickly
- Experience building ML pipelines and efficient Spark applications in Scala
As part of our team you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $105,000-$145,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location, and the range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, role-related knowledge and skills, depth of experience, relevant education or training, and additional role-related considerations.
Depending on the position offered, equity, bonuses, commission, or other forms of compensation may also be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits.
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Privacy Notice: For information about ZipRecruiter's collection and processing of job applicant personal data for this job, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/job-applicant-privacy-notice