We offer a hybrid work environment. Most US-based positions can also be performed remotely (any exceptions will be noted in the Minimum Qualifications below.)
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity. At ZipRecruiter, we foster a culture where our employees feel accepted, supported and celebrated. Our employees find ethical solutions to empower the community and workforce. Differences make us stronger, and we embrace them.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects millions of all-sized businesses and job seekers through innovative mobile, web, and email services, as well as partnerships with the best job boards on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Design and user experience (UX) is an integral part of everything we do at ZipRecruiter. We are looking to add a Director of Product Design to build, manage, and develop a team of product designers. You'll have the opportunity to help drive UX's development across the organization and push for the best experiences for our job seekers and employers. Additionally, we invest heavily in our growth, continually learning and reviewing new trends, techniques, and tools that promote UX and product development. You can expect to take on new challenges that expand your design thinking and expertise. We hope you'll be a part of our design team!
- Influence the product roadmap, both short-term and long-term
- Develop design talent and build a thriving culture where designers grow in their careers and feel a strong sense of inclusion and belonging
- Oversee multiple projects in strategy, product area and scale design
- Resource accordingly by ensuring roadmaps are adequately staffed and your organization is effective and impactful
- Equip your team for success by helping each designer build a standardized and specific career growth plan
- BA in Design or related field (or equivalent practical experience)
- Have 6+ years of experience in Product Design with 3+ years of people management experience, including hiring and developing senior managers and individual contributors
- Experience growing a strategic design practice within design teams
- Strong background in information architecture, wireframing, UI, and product understanding.
- Strong background in using Figma, prototyping, and presenting ideas to stakeholders.
- Mix of both B2B and B2C experience
- Experience working at tech companies
As part of our team you'll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $190,000-$262,500. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location, and the range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, role-related knowledge and skills, depth of experience, relevant education or training, and additional role-related considerations.
Depending on the position offered, equity, bonuses, commission, or other forms of compensation may also be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits.
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Privacy Notice: For information about ZipRecruiter's collection and processing of job applicant personal data for this job, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/job-applicant-privacy-notice