We offer a hybrid work environment. Most US-based positions can also be performed remotely (any exceptions will be noted in the Minimum Qualifications below.)
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects millions of businesses and job seekers through innovative mobile, web, and email services, as well as through partnerships with the best job boards on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
We’re looking for intern with a passion for problem solving to join our team of data scientists to help solve new and existing challenges! We use statistical science to understand how to construct an efficient and optimized market, understand causality, and drive our future investment. We use machine learning techniques to solve challenging problems so that we optimally match candidates and jobs. This includes NLP and deep learning along with pragmatic use of simpler machine learning approaches and heuristics.
As a Ziptern, you’ll join our 12 week program in the Santa Monica office and spend the summer working on projects designed to provide you with the ability to build models, develop high quality, high-performance code and constantly improve on solutions and expand its scope to prepare you for a full time career. Whether it’s supporting our job seekers, employers, or internal developers, you will have a real impact on and be able to shape the ZipRecruiter product.
As an Ziptern you have the opportunity to:
- Join a team of software engineers, data scientists, and ML engineers working on interesting problems in the fields of recommendations, search, and NLP.
- Develop production-level code that runs, trains, and maintains ML models
- Learn to apply theoretical Data Science, Machine Learning and statistical knowledge to solve real world problems at scale
- Work with large teams of stakeholders including Product Managers, Data Scientists and Engineers to extract insights from vast volumes of data and build Machine Learning based technology solutions that drive real world Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Act and think as an owner, building code that will run in production
- Currently enrolled in a full-time degree-seeking program in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field with an expected graduation date between December 2023 and November 2024
- Ability to work from our Santa Monica, CA office 2-3 days a week
- Experience with data scripting languages (SQL, Python, R etc.)
- Experience with big data, machine learning (preferably in NLP related fields and / or deep learning)
- Ability to work with “big” data tools like Spark and Map-reduce to choose the correct tool and workflow and actually implement efficient transformation, extraction, or analysis of data
- Ability to communicate technically and conduct deep exploratory analysis
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Privacy Notice: For information about ZipRecruiter's collection and processing of job applicant personal data for this job, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/job-applicant-privacy-notice