Our offices are open for a hybrid work environment. Most US-based positions can also be performed remotely (any exceptions will be noted in the Minimum Qualifications below.)
For Israel-based positions, we encourage working from our Saarona, Tel Aviv office a few days a week, meeting your colleagues, and having a flexible work environment.
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects job seekers with millions of businesses of all sizes through innovative mobile app, web, and email services, as well as partnerships with the best job sites on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Summary of Job
ZipRecruiter is changing the way job seekers get hired and how small businesses manage their HR. Our R&D center in Tel Aviv offers an empowering, fun and collaborative culture where talented individuals who think like business owners and entrepreneurs are invited to join our growing team.
We use models and algorithms of machine-learning and deep-learning to find candidates for a job, and get the job information to reach the candidate as quickly as possible to allow the employer to reach the best candidates in the least possible time.
We are looking for a passionate Search engineer with expertise in search and/or recommendation-systems patterns technologies to join our engineering team. This exciting role requires the experience and skills to design and build key components, products and infrastructure along with our data scientists and fellow engineers.
- Build infrastructure to empower fellow engineers and data scientists to build together best-in-class machine-learning based products
- Working in a rapidly growing high volume production environment, that is both exciting and challenging
- Mastering scalability and enterprise-grade production services implementation
- Sense of ownership - leading design for new products and initiatives as well as integrating with currently implemented best-practices
- Taking ElasticSearch to the limit with a throughput of tens of thousands of RPS with a latency of <100ms
- Working with a variety of tools including Spark, Airflow, Kafka, DynamoDb, SQS, S3, RedShift, Mysql.
- Collaborating and working as part of a highly skilled team that enjoys doing the impossible together every day
- 3+ years of coding experience with at least one of the following: Java, Python, Scala.
- 3+ years of experience with one or more of these technologies ElasticSearch, Apache solr, Apache Lucene
- End to end experience - Implementing feature from an idea stage, through design, architecture, coding, integration and deployment stages
- A deep understanding of software engineering including hands-on coding experience in a high-volume production environments
- Experience with Data Stores like DynamoDB, Redshift, SQL DB’s - an advantage
- Fluent with SQL / DSL
- Bachelor’s degree or higher - an advantage
- Cloud - AWS, Azure, Google Cloud - an advantage
As part of our team you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- A fun environment where work-life balance is valued
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Privacy Notice: For information about ZipRecruiter's collection and processing of job applicant personal data for this job, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/job-applicant-privacy-notice