*At present, due to COVID 19, all employees are working from home/remotely at this time.*
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects job seekers with millions of businesses of all sizes through innovative mobile app, web, and email services, as well as partnerships with the best job sites on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Summary of Job:
Our team has a unique opportunity to work on applications at scale, serving millions of jobseekers and tens of thousands of customers. We’re working on building an efficient marketplace of jobseekers and employers and are looking for an engineering manager to build fast, scalable, and effective machine learning based applications that help connect people to their next job by leveraging the vast amount of data that we have. We provide an essential service and have a thriving business as a result.
Our business is complex and we’re looking for an engineering manager who can own entire (or even multiple) product lines, drive business value while investing in their team’s/tech stack’s health, and coach engineers to build a strong culture of excellence, ownership, and personal and professional growth.
- Own the mission, execution, growth, and code quality of the team that is building the search engine and search based products that is used daily by millions of job seekers
- Partner effectively with product managers to maintain and execute against the product roadmap
- Serve as a force multiplier for your team by removing roadblocks, identifying and implementing process improvements, and delegating effectively
- Actively build community and culture throughout the engineering organization
- Continually research and implement management best practices, including providing frequent, actionable, constructive feedback to team members
- Help drive the innovation and evolution of ZipRecruiter
- 7+ years of experience in software development / ML with at least 2 years of management experience
- Experience in managing and growing teams that heavily rely on machine learning and big data.
- Experience in one or more of these areas: building a search solution or using an open source based platform, information retrieval, recommendation/personalization, NLP
- Strong track record of delivering high-quality low latency production services while leading teams of 5+ engineers and data scientists
- Deployed mission-critical services with high reliability and available
- Demonstrated technical leadership through influence and mentoring
- Ability to make key decisions in a timely manner while simultaneously weighing the needs and input of multiple stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication, with a bias toward action and follow-through
- In-depth experience building solutions using public clouds
As part of our team you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
Privacy Notice Language:
- "For information about ZipRecruiter's processing of California job applicant personal data, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/california-job-applicant-privacy-notice"
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.