Our offices are open for a hybrid work environment. Most US-based positions can also be performed remotely (any exceptions will be noted in the Minimum Qualifications below.)
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects millions of all-sized businesses and job seekers through innovative mobile, web, and email services, as well as through partnerships with the best job boards on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Our team has a unique opportunity to work on applications at scale, serving millions of jobseekers and tens of thousands of customers. We’re working on building an efficient marketplace of jobseekers and employers and need full-stack engineers and engineering managers to build fast, scalable, and effective applications that help connect people to their next job. We provide an essential service and have a thriving business as a result.
Our business is complex and we’re looking for engineering managers who can own entire (or even multiple) product lines, drive business value while investing in their team’s/tech stack’s health, and coach engineers to build a strong culture of excellence, ownership, and personal and professional growth.
- Own the mission, execution, morale, and code quality of your team
- Partner effectively with product managers to maintain and execute against the product roadmap
- Serve as a force multiplier for your team by removing roadblocks, identifying and implementing process improvements, and delegating effectively
- Actively build community and culture throughout the engineering organization
- Continually research and implement management best practices, including providing frequent, actionable, constructive feedback to team members
- Help drive the innovation and evolution of ZipRecruiter
- 5+ years of experience in software development with at least 2 years of management experience
- Strong track record of delivering high-quality software while leading teams of 3 to 10 engineers
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence and collaboration rather than pure authority
- Ability to make key decisions in a timely manner while simultaneously weighing the needs and input of multiple stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication, with a bias toward action and follow-through
As part of our team you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Privacy Notice: For information about ZipRecruiter's collection and processing of job applicant personal data for this job, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/job-applicant-privacy-notice