*At present, due to COVID 19, all employees are working from home remote at this time.*
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects job seekers with millions of businesses of all sizes through innovative mobile app, web, and email services, as well as partnerships with the best job sites on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Summary of Job
ZipRecruiter is changing the way job seekers get hired and how small businesses manage their HR. Our R&D center in Tel Aviv offers an empowering, fun and collaborative culture where talented individuals who think like business owners and entrepreneurs are invited to join our growing team.
We use models and algorithms of machine-learning and deep-learning to find candidates for a job, and get the job information to reach the candidate as quickly as possible to allow the employer to reach the best candidates in the least possible time.
We are looking for a passionate Sr. Data Engineer with expertise in cloud technologies, big data, and distributed systems to join our data engineering team. This exciting role requires the experience and skills to design and build key components and infrastructure for our data science and engineering team.
- Build infrastructure to empower fellow engineers and data scientists to build together best-in-class machine-learning based products
- Working in a high volume production environment that gets bigger and bigger
- Mastering scalability and enterprise-grade production services implementation
- Sense of ownership - leading design for new products and initiatives as well as integrating with currently implemented best-practices
- Working with a number of off-the-shelf tools including Spark, Airflow, Kafka, DynamoDb, SQS, S3, RedShift, Mysql, but often push them past their limits
- Collaborating and working as part of a highly skilled team that enjoys doing the impossible together every day
- At least 5+ years of coding experience with at least one of the following: Java, Python, Scala.
- End to end experience - owning feature from an idea stage, through design, architecture, coding, integration and deployment stages
- A deep understanding of software engineering with at least 5+ years of hands-on coding experience at a senior level in high-volume production environments
- Experience with one or more of these technologies Spark, MapReduce, Airflow, Kafka, Key/Value Stores like DynamoDB, SQL DB’s, SQS
- Dealing with data on high volume, high availability production systems
- Fluent with SQL
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent professional Software Engineering experience
- Cloud - AWS, Azure, Google Cloud - an advantage
- Experience in algorithm design and implementation or Machine learning
As part of our team you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.