*At present, due to COVID 19, all employees are working from home remote at this time.*
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects job seekers with millions of businesses of all sizes through innovative mobile app, web, and email services, as well as partnerships with the best job sites on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Summary of Job
The Senior Java Engineer within the ZipRecruiter Engineering team supports the architecture, design, development, and deployment of applications and API services for a specialized market intelligence platform. We’re looking for Senior Java Developers with expertise in cloud technologies, big data, and distributed systems to join our Market Intelligence team.
We are a small, nimble team inside of ZipRecruiter with our own independent full-stack, cloud-hosted platform used by various internal groups ranging from Product Management to C-level Executives. You will have the opportunity to write code across our full-stack while responding to the ever-changing demands of our internal customers.
- Working in a high volume production environment
- Creating automation to help us work faster and smarter
- Following design and coding conventions
- Performing code reviews to ensure high quality, while also iterating quickly
- Building robust, lasting, and scalable software
- Collaborating and working as part of a highly skilled team that enjoys doing the impossible together every day
- A self-starter who is eager to take a task from gathering requirements through deployment and maintenance
- A deep understanding of Enterprise Java with at least 5+ years of hands-on coding experience at a senior level in high-volume, mission-critical production environments
- Full-stack experience but a deep focus on backend components such as highly scalable databases (MySQL, NoSQL)
- Cloud experience preferably expert knowledge of Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Services
- Expert understanding of HTTP/S protocols and website page rendering
- Willingness to be a part of an on-call rotation
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and orally
As part of our team you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
Privacy Notice Language:
- "For information about ZipRecruiter's processing of California job applicant personal data, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/california-job-applicant-privacy-notice"
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.