*At present, due to COVID 19, all employees are working from home remote at this time.*
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects job seekers with millions of businesses of all sizes through innovative mobile app, web, and email services, as well as partnerships with the best job sites on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Summary of Job:
ZipRecruiter is looking for a Director, Product Management to own our products and strategies that provide job seekers with best-in-class result sets during their job search experience, be it “pull” (search) or “push” (personalized recommendations). Our Search & Recommendation Engines are at the center of products that serve millions of people each month. As the Director of Product Management for Search & Recommendations, you'll work side by side with our executive, product, engineering, design, and analytics teams to help millions of people each year fill their jobs or get hired. You must be strategic as well as eager to roll up your sleeves: as a ZipRecruiter Product Manager, you'll both drive product and business strategy as well as dive into every detail of our product and your projects. Be ready to spend your time building relationships with our users, digging into our analytics, working with cross-functional stakeholders, and making sure that no job goes un-done.
- Own the Search & Recommendations team roadmap and quarterly planning process
- Help define how to measure success for ZipRecruiter’s recommendation / search products
- Define a strategy to gather data that will be used for training and evaluation of models
- Define and build tools for feedback analysis and evaluation of results
- Lead a high performing team of product managers
- Work with engineering, design, marketing and operational teams to plan, build, and launch high quality product experiences that improve our ability to actively connect people to their next great opportunity
- Gather feedback from internal stakeholders, external partners, and users to inform product decisions and strategy
- Process, review, and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data on customer usage patterns to uncover new product insights
- Be an internal advocate, educator, and communicator about the products you own, including storytelling around the technical aspects and business impact of those products and product features
- Write specs, manage project execution, A/B test, and define product roll-out strategy
- Product Experience: 5+ year experience as a product manager building web, mobile, and/or API products. You have previous experience working with search & recommendation products, and in particular have worked with machine learning teams and products.
- Communication: From writing documentation to presenting strategy in a meeting to communicating technical concepts to non-technical team members, you are an excellent communicator who is able to effectively write, speak, educate, and persuade at all levels of the company
- Collaborative: You work exceptionally well across engineering, customer support, business development, product, and marketing
- Knows What's Important: You prioritize based on the business' needs and make smart tradeoffs
- Analytical: You possess a strong proficiency with web analytics platforms (such as Omniture, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, or other platforms) and use data to make product decisions, set priorities, and measure success. Strong SQL skills, and the ability to independently write a database query.
- Technical: You don’t have to be a programmer, but you do need the technical skillset to talk shop and work closely with our engineering team.
- Leadership: You possess a proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Efficient: You build minimum viable products, measure, learn, and iterate in a fast- paced environment
- Hands On: You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting into the nitty-gritty every day
- Customer Centric: You focus on the customer experience, not simply building new features
As part of our team you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
Privacy Notice Language: (Only applicable to California and Canada postings)
- "For information about ZipRecruiter's processing of California job applicant personal data, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/california-job-applicant-privacy-notice"
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.