We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) who has a passion for designing and implementing efficient automated infrastructure and services with demonstrable professional experience in a senior capacity, applying sound software engineering principles.
You are a good fit if you care deeply about enabling developers to create systems and tools as rapidly as possible without falling into bad design patterns. The idea of generating a scalable process to manage user access is intriguing to you; the idea of managing individual access requests on a daily basis makes you yawn.
You have deployed and configured a wide range of AWS services including databases, networking, and security. In this role you will work with such paradigms and technologies as: 12 factor app design principles, Docker, Kubernetes, and ElasticSearch ecosystem.
As a company, we move fast. We need special individuals who can empower engineers to prototype and deploy quickly while also making sure we can scale, remain secure and stay reliable.
- Design, implement, monitor, and scale self-service oriented infrastructure
- Work with development teams to create robust and maintainable infrastructure that will scale from both a performance and maintenance perspective. Design said infrastructure in such a way to minimize roadblocks for developers who design new systems, while keeping the resulting systems robust and maintainable.
- Performance analysis and improvement of production and development systems
- Create and leverage monitoring/alerts to ensure system uptime and optimum performance
- Help troubleshoot production issues and perform root cause analyses that create effective mitigation strategies
- Support build/deployment processes with eye towards improving our CI/CD pipeline
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for a distributed team of 150 developers (and growing!)
- 12 Factor application principles
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Streaming/logging technologies (ElasticSearch, fluentd, LogStash, Kafka)
- Message Queueing (Kafka, SQS)
- Coding and scripting languages (Perl, Bash, Python, Go)
- AWS Ecosystem (EC2, VPC, S3, DynamoDB, RDS)
- Linux everywhere
Benefits & Perks:
- Opportunities for advancement as our young company grows
- A fun work environment
- Competitive salary
- Generous bonus plan
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Competitive benefits package
- Healthy snacks
- Local gym discount
- Attractive paid time off policy - Open/Flexible vacation policy
ZipRecruiter is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. This organization uses E-Verify.