Business Development Manager (Cebu)
Reporting and Location
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, located in Manila.
Zilingo is making the fashion supply chain Fair, Connected and Transparent using Technology, Data and Financial Services. We are working to improve the entire supply chain for fashion, from the cotton farm to the closet. Our business model has three main pillars: Commerce, Services and Sustainability.
- Commerce. We operate a global technology-enabled sourcing business, and the largest B2B marketplace for fashion in South and Southeast Asia, which connects yarn mills, fabric mills, factories, brands and merchants through a discovery and transaction platform.
- Services (Saas, MaaS, Fintech). We develop and deploy Software as a Service to factories and brands to help improve operational efficiency; help brands and factories enhance branding Marketing as a Service; and use technology to connect makers and merchants with access to working capital.
- Sustainability. We provide brands with transparency into the sustainability of their supply chain. We also bring sustainable fabric and recycling to global brands, and are launching a Sustainability Fund which enables factories to improve sustainability with investment.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new ventures with company strategies and operations.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Seller Management through means of calling and meetings
- Analyse merchant performance to identify potential merchants and assortment for further growth
- Coordinate across functions and teams to set up processes and drive merchants toward sales and assortment target
- Providing sellers with holistic, timely information, advice and recommendations tailored to their existing needs
- Plan continuous business process improvement to increase marketplace merchants performance
- Plan process scalability on marketplace operation though automation and better processes
- Responsible for growing sales revenue by generating new business and client relationships across the region, maintaining and adding to the productive pool of referral relationships.
- Problem Solver – enjoys generating innovative ideas and solutions
- Excellent time management – able to stay calm under pressure while working quickly and delivering to tight deadlines
- Highly organised – able to keep and maintain files in an orderly manner, clean working space, keeps track of schedules, deadlines and deliverables
- Detail oriented – stickler for detail and takes pride in their work
- Sharp memory – always on top of things and doesn’t forget deadlines and deliverables
- Team Player – must be able to work and get along with others well
- Fluent in written and spoken English and dialects in the region where he/she will be based
- Excellent communicator and people-oriented person who enjoys teamwork and working in a collaborative environment
- Has been in the sales industry for more than 3 years
- Has background in Retail Merchandising