Overview of Technology Infrastructure at Zilingo
Technology infrastructure at Zilingo consists largely of 70+ microservices that span over multiple cloud providers in multiple geographies to serve customers and businesses round the clock. Microservices are written in a mix of Java & Scala on top of the Play framework with Akka, communicating using RESTful APIs and asynchronous messaging over Kafka. These services handle specialized tasks such as Logistics, Inventory-management, Recommendations, Search, Data collection, and syncing. The modularity allows rapid development, which is further enabled by fast testing and simple deployment due to our robust DevOps systems (Chef/Jenkins). All this supports two different applications (Consumer-facing and Merchant-facing) over three different platforms (Web, Android, iOS).
Core-Infrastructure And Analyst Team at Zilingo
The backbone of the data warehouse is an Impala query engine that queries real-time data stored in Kudu along with historical data in S3/Parquet. The visualization (dashboards), and reporting service is run on top of it, and the stack allows for quickly plugging in any required analytic tools such as R or Spark. Additionally, Impala is an MPP (massively parallel processing) SQL engine built for real-time querying on large data sets, which means data analysts can generally get results from complex queries in seconds, and thus can interactively iterate and explore data.
Data analytics is at the center of many fast-scaling, new, and diverse projects at Zilingo. The data analytics team works closely with tech, product, data science, and business teams on a diverse set of problems, including marketing, product cohorts, product features, A/B testing, operations excellence, and customer segmentation.
What is the job like?
- You’ll work directly with one of the Product, Seller, Data Science, or Marketing team to help them achieve their key goals in a fast-paced environment
- You’ll also be expected to help improve the core analytic stack and bring in automation to ensure that the analytics team stays lean.
What you will need?
- Ability to write complex SQL queries on large datasets
- Required Experience - 6 months to 2 Years
- Ability to convert product or business problems into analytical problem statements
- Ability to analyze and then communicate business issues to a wide range of audiences using strong data analytics and communication skills
- Knowledge of a scripting language like R or Python is a bonus
- Knowledge of a visualization tool like Looker, Tableau is a bonus
- Prior experience in a product-based company is a bonus
Zilingo is making the fashion supply chain fair, connected and transparent using Technology, Data, and Financial Services. We are working to improve the entire supply chain for fashion, from the cotton farm to the closet. Our business model has two main pillars :
- Commerce & Sourcing - We operate a global technology-enabled sourcing business, and the largest B2B marketplace for fashion in South and Southeast Asia, which connects yarn mills, fabric mills, factories, brands, and merchants through a discovery and transaction platform.
- Services (Saas, MaaS, Fintech) - We develop and deploy Software as a Service to factories and brands to help improve operational efficiency; help brands and factories enhance branding Marketing as a Service and use technology to connect makers and merchants with access to working capital.
Founded in 2015 by Ankiti Bose and Dhruv Kapoor, the Zilingo family has grown to a 550 member strong team from 17 nationalities working out of our 10 global offices. We currently serve 50,000+ merchants and 4000+ factories, across 17 countries. Nearing a unicorn, our recent Series D round funding was covered extensively by the media (TechCrunch, Inc42, YourStory, etc.) across geographies.
What’s on offer!?
- Competitive salary package
- A young and exceptionally talented workforce that believes in teamwork and co-creation
- A fun-life balance