Zilingo is making the fashion supply chain Fair, Connected and Transparent using Technology, Data and Financial Services. We are working to improve the entire supply chain for fashion, from the cotton farm to the closet. Our business model has three main pillars: Commerce, Services and Sustainability.
- Commerce. We operate a global technology-enabled sourcing business, and the largest B2B marketplace for fashion in South and Southeast Asia, which connects yarn mills, fabric mills, factories, brands and merchants through a discovery and transaction platform.
- Services (Saas, MaaS, Fintech). We develop and deploy Software as a Service to factories and brands to help improve operational efficiency; help brands and factories enhance branding Marketing as a Service; and use technology to connect makers and merchants with access to working capital.
- Sustainability. We provide brands with transparency into the sustainability of their supply chain. We also bring sustainable fabric and recycling to global brands, and are launching a Sustainability Fund which enables factories to improve sustainability with investment.
About the role
Zilingo Marketing Services (MaaS)- Zilingo Marketing Services was launched in November 2019, with the vision of providing full-stack marketing solutions to SMEs, Offline Retailers & Manufacturers across South East Asia, through a no-nonsense approach without the typical frills (rd. timelines, bloated budget & inefficiencies) of a high ticket agency. 18 months later, we’ve amplified awareness & sales for over 1,800 clients across Indonesia, Thailand, India & Philippines using our in-house experts, Z-owned studios in Thailand & Indonesia, a global network of freelancers, consultants and AI-driven tools.
Our clients include Grab Indonesia, Panasonic, HP, Jaspal Thailand, DHL Southeast Asia. Our services span 4 core brand & marketing solutions-- a. cataloguing & short-form content production; b. graphic design; c. social media content & strategy; d. performance marketing.
As a Finance Associate, you will be a part of the Marketing Services Regional team- cross reporting into Zilingo Group’s Financial Director. You will be responsible for tracking, systematising and providing weekly updates and insights on Zilingo Marketing Services’ financial operations. This includes reconciling payables and payments due on a country by country basis for all clients and merchant accounts; tracking and ensuring invoices raised are correctly stored, raised and processed; expanding and building our sales reconciliation processes and tracking
Furthermore, key responsibilities will include
- Reconciliation of payments received (Process of matching the payments received with the revenue that has been booked)- and creating or automating a system which ensures the same on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Ensuring sales PICs in every country record invoices & payments due correctly on regional CRM/sales trackers.
- Confirm receipt of payments from clients on a weekly basis- and update payment status on regional CRM/sales trackers in due course.
- Coordinate with clients to request proof of payments as and when discrepancies occur
- Approve, track and record invoices from vendors and delivery 3Ps- by either creating and automating a system which ensures vendor invoices are raised, approved and paid out on time- or improving and managing the existing payout process.
- On a monthly and quarterly basis- reconciling payouts to vendors against payments received, and therefore ensuring our monthly reported margins are sanct.
Skills? You need to be a ninja...
- Accountant, with relevant experience in Financial operations.
- You must be extremely data oriented, and excellent with numbers
- Highly analytical, yet, empathetic towards the business line- it is important you understand how a marketing team functions, product payment cycles and who the business’ target audience is.
- Creative thinker and problem solver – enjoys generating innovative ideas and solutions, devising new and exciting ways to engage audiences
- Excellent time management - able to stay calm under pressure whilst working quickly and delivering to tight deadlines
- Detail oriented – spots mistakes and takes pride in their work
- Ready to work on new, previously untested initiatives and is not deterred by failure
- Will drive projects independently and take responsibility readily
- Excellent communicator and people-oriented person who enjoys teamwork and working in a collaborative environment
- Operationally strong, well versed with running & managing shoots, while dealing with 3rd party vendors and agencies