Zilingo is making the fashion supply chain Fair, Connected and Transparent using Technology, Data and Financial Services. We are working to improve the entire supply chain for fashion, from the cotton farm to the closet. Our business model has three main pillars: Commerce, Services and Sustainability.
- Commerce. We operate a global technology-enabled sourcing business, and the largest B2B marketplace for fashion in South and Southeast Asia, which connects yarn mills, fabric mills, factories, brands and merchants through a discovery and transaction platform.
- Services (Saas, MaaS, Fintech). We develop and deploy Software as a Service to factories and brands to help improve operational efficiency; help brands and factories enhance branding Marketing as a Service; and use technology to connect makers and merchants with access to working capital.
- Sustainability.We provide brands with transparency into the sustainability of their supply chain. We also bring sustainable fabric and recycling to global brands, and are launching a Sustainability Fund which enables factories to improve sustainability with investment.
- Act as a key support for the Group Head of HR in leading the HR department for India & Sri Lanka
- Act as a strategic partner for function heads and senior management teams for the relevant countries
- Ensure consistency in design, implementation and adherence of HR policies and standards
- Ensure HR performance in terms of cost and quality effectiveness based on business expectation
Responsibilities for this position:
- Develop resourcing strategies to support existing business and potential new business.
- Understand global and local business context, issues and challenges to provide specific advice to Business Managers. Deliver HR solutions as appropriate to enhance commercial performance.
- Manage all local India & Sri Lanka HR operations, support country HR operations and act as the first escalation point for countries.
- Ensure HR services, policies, processes and systems are designed and aligned to business needs.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with external vendors and stakeholders.
- Oversee HR metrics and document the observations for future policy making reference.
- Manage IR/ER/Disciplinary issues and work with the CoEs to design appropriate solutions
- Coach managers on the employee life cycle – Performance management, pay reviews, incentive plans, employee engagement and resource forecasting
- Advise, challenge, coach and support Business Managers in their role on people-related processes (e.g. performance management, personal and team development, career path implementation, resource planning and recruitment)
- Lead employee engagement initiatives to align interests of staff and business.
- Participate in key people related change decisions, anticipating and effectively dealing with any people issues.
- Manage all local HR employee communications.
- Ensure HR costs are kept within annual budgets
Must haves for this position:
- 6-8 years of experience as a Senior HR Manager or relevant position.
- Experience working in a Tech company.
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Management Software (including payroll systems and ATS).
- Excellent knowledge of local labor legislation.
- Sound understanding of IR / ER
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong communications skills - able to work with key partners across the business within the brand and also within shared services
- Adept with advanced Excel skills
Key success metrics for this position:
- Employee turnover rate
- Average time to fill roles
- Employee engagement score
- Business satisfaction score for HR