Overview of Technology Infrastructure at Zilingo
Technology infrastructure at Zilingo consists largely of 70+ microservices that span over multiple cloud providers in multiple geographies to serve customers and businesses round the clock. Microservices are written in a mix of Java & Scala on top of the Play framework with Akka, communicating using RESTful APIs and asynchronous messaging over Kafka. These services handle specialized tasks such as Logistics, Inventory-management, Recommendations, Search, Data collection, and syncing. The modularity allows rapid development, which is further enabled by fast testing and simple deployment due to our robust DevOps systems (Chef/Jenkins). All this supports two different applications (Consumer-facing and Merchant-facing) over three different platforms (Web, Android, iOS).
What you will need?
- BS in Computer Science/Equivalent with strong knowledge in software development theory and practice
- 2+ years of total software applications development experience using the modern web, mobile technologies - Single page web App development and Mobile apps development
- Minimum 1+ years of experience developing hybrid mobile web applications (Angular/Ionic 3)
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and supporting business and production issues
- Strong Experience in REST, JSON, AJAX, API/Services, J2EE, SQL, Messaging concepts
- Experience in design and development using design patterns and best practices for mobile apps
- Experience in service implementations using asynchronous communication patterns and microservices
- Experience with source control and dev tools like GIT, Maven, Gulp, JIRA
- Passion and Commitment to programming and software engineering
- Take ownership in driving development deliverables
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
Having the following skills is a plus:
- Experience in IoT Sensors Devices Applications, frameworks, and technologies
- Middleware Web Services
- No SQL MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop, Redis, EHCache
- Real-time, event-driven systems
- Reactive programming, Functional Programming
- JEE, JPA, XML, REST, WebSockets, ESB, SOA, and Web Services
- Play Framework, Spring Framework, AngularJS, Akka
- JBoss, Apache HTTP server, Netty, Tomcat
- OpenCV, Image Magick, Tesseract
- SBT, Grunt, Cruise Control, Maven
- Unit testing, Performance Testing, and Test-Driven Development
- Agile software development
Zilingo is making the fashion supply chain fair, connected and transparent using Technology, Data, and Financial Services. We are working to improve the entire supply chain for fashion, from the cotton farm to the closet. Our business model has two main pillars :
- Commerce & Sourcing - We operate a global technology-enabled sourcing business, and the largest B2B marketplace for fashion in South and Southeast Asia, which connects yarn mills, fabric mills, factories, brands, and merchants through a discovery and transaction platform.
- Services (Saas, MaaS, Fintech) - We develop and deploy Software as a Service to factories and brands to help improve operational efficiency; help brands and factories enhance branding Marketing as a Service and use technology to connect makers and merchants with access to working capital.
Founded in 2015 by Ankiti Bose and Dhruv Kapoor, Zilingo family has grown to a 550 member strong team from 17 nationalities working out of our 10 global offices. We currently serve 50,000+ merchants and 4000+ factories, across 17 countries. Nearing a unicorn, our recent Series D round funding was covered extensively by the media (TechCrunch, Inc42, YourStory, etc.) across geographies.
What’s on offer!?
- Competitive salary package
- A young and exceptionally talented workforce that believes in teamwork and co-creation
- A fun-life balance