Join our mission
At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a stellar Finance Manager with a Bachelor's Degree and 2-3 years of work experience in finance, accounting, or consulting who is fueled by a passion for team success and continual improvement.
Deliver incredible results
In this role you will support our team to ensure that Zeta has the financial freedom and flexibility to build a world-class, scaling organization and can afford all the necessary resources for excellent programming for our students. The finance team will strategically plan for our financial needs to ensure that Zeta is able to operate existing schools, open new schools, and continue to grow to achieve our big aims.
You will support Zeta’s financial strategy through:
- Developing a robust yearly budget and managing Zeta spend to ensure the organization is financially healthy at all times
- Creating reports, tools, and templates to communicate financial information to all stakeholders, including internal management, board members, and external parties
- Building models for analysis of financial feasibility of potential real estate deals or projects
- Monitoring financial activity across the organization to ensure that fraud and risk are minimized
- Ensuring Zeta’s financial records, data, and reports are accurate and compliant
- Supporting day to day financial activities, such as bill payment and processing, cash flow management, expenses and grant tagging etc.
Become a part of our world-class team
Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have prior work experience and/or an educational background in finance, accounting, or consulting
- Are deeply passionate about Zeta’s mission to advance educational equity
- Bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
- Are humble and willing to put the team’s needs ahead of your own
- Have strong problem solving skills and are comfortable with navigating ambiguity
- Are comfortable with analyzing data, creating models, and drawing insights to drive results
- Are able to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders
- Are self-motivated and able to drive your work with a high degree of independence
- Have the ability to learn quickly, to pivot when needed, and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Currently, Zeta operates two schools, one in upper Manhattan and one in the South Bronx. We have big growth plans because the educational crisis is massive and requires big solutions. We plan to open two schools each year starting in 2020. Join our growing team today, and change the landscape of public education in New York City. If you can’t wait to get started, apply now!
Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.). Zeta is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.