Join our mission
At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
To achieve our vision, we are searching for SPSTs (Special Populations Specialist Teachers) with a NYS Special Education Certification (preferred but not required), at least 1-2+ years of successful elementary teaching experience, and a proven track record of accelerating student growth for students with learning differences.
Become a part of our world-class team
As an SPST at Zeta, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive case management for special populations students, small group instruction, and teacher support across two grades. SPSTs will be excellent project managers with a deep commitment to the success of students with learning differences. You’ll work with a team of mission-driven, high-achieving, passionate colleagues to help Zeta succeed in its mission to build and sustain high-performing schools that forge thriving communities of lifelong learners, problem solvers, and innovators.
As an SPST, you will be responsible for two grades for which you will:
- Oversee the implementation of all special education services and processes
- Manage the Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) intervention process for students who need additional support, English Language Learners (ELL), and advanced students
- Provide targeted and effective individual and small-group pull-out instruction to students
- Support classroom teachers to ensure they are providing effective and targeted small-group instruction within their classrooms
- Collaborate with the Committee on Special Education (CSE) to advocate for student needs in Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings and throughout the IEP process
- Partner with teachers, school leaders, school psychologists, and families to ensure all students are given the resources and services needed to achieve incredible academic results, on par with or exceeding grade level expectations, utilizing a data-driven approach.
Bring your whole self
You would make a fantastic candidate for this role if you have:
- Passion for students with learning differences and experience implementing effective special education curriculum and a variety of differentiated supports
- Proven ability to identify specific learning gaps and make intervention recommendations to effectively address those gaps
- Excellent project management, communications, and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and core values of Zeta Schools
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in the field of education and/or special education certification preferred
eta operates four schools in the Bronx and upper Manhattan. We have ambitious growth plans because the educational crisis is massive and requires big solutions. We plan to continue opening two schools each year. Join our growing team today, and change the landscape of public education in New York City. If you can’t wait to get started, apply now!
We are always looking for amazing teachers to join our team, both for the current school year and for next school year.
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).