Join Our Mission
At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a stellar Executive Assistant with a Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of work experience to join our team.
Deliver incredible results
The Executive Assistant is a critical first point of contact and serves as a primary resource for interactions with network staff, school leadership, board, and donors. The ability to work under pressure on competing responsibilities with resilience, discretion, diplomacy, and accuracy is essential.
You will work with a team of mission-driven, high-achieving, passionate colleagues to help Zeta succeed in its mission to build and sustain high-performing schools that forge thriving communities of lifelong learners, problem solvers, and innovators.
As an Executive Assistant, you will:
- Organize and set priorities among a variety of complex tasks, including a high volume of regularly occurring work and constantly changing array of special projects and calendar demands
- Manage a complex and dynamic calendar; supervise the response to requests for the CEO’s time which can be complicated, time sensitive, highly confidential and can necessitate an appropriate setting of expectations
- Manage incoming requests to the CEO by prioritizing, researching and responding to or delegating responses as appropriate.
- Organize, manage, and provide administrative support for special projects and events; undertake research projects and collect and analyze data as background for meetings and special projects
- Support with logistics related to our Board meetings including but not limited to scheduling, materials preparation, meeting notes, and technology set-up
- Prepares and manage routine correspondence, electronic materials, and documents
Bring your whole self
We want team members who are passionate about our mission, vision, and core values. You will make a tremendous team member at Zeta if you bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback. You are hungry and determined to not only meet your goals, but surpass them at all costs. You are highly skilled at effectively communicating with your team members, both in good times and bad.
We maintain an unrelenting focus on teamwork, so you must be humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of your own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment. At Zeta, your voice will be valued.
For this role in particular, we are in search of someone with at least 2-3 years of experience in roles requiring strong project management and organizational skills in fast-paced work environments.
Additionally, we are looking for the following:
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and data gathering skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, changing environment
- High degree of judgment, tact, and professionalism as well as a profound respect for the confidentiality of the documents and communications involving the office
- Sense of urgency while maintaining thoughtful, respectful approach
- Trustworthiness and reliability at the highest levels
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in matters of proofreading, document processing, and relaying messages
- Ability to be proactive and demonstrate initiative; ability to work independently, accurately, and exercise discretion
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate the needs of the CEO
- Strong work ethic; commitment to completing work on a timely basis
- Flexibility; resourcefulness; adaptability to changing needs and demands; willingness to work longer hours as circumstances require
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; experience in handling communications with senior executives a plus
- High level of proficiency with computer equipment including Mac, iPhone and iPad, and the Microsoft Office suite of applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience with Asana, Slack and Zoom preferred but not required
Zeta Schools is seeking candidates who can start immediately. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Zeta Schools offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Zeta operates four schools in the Bronx and upper Manhattan. We have ambitious growth plans because the educational crisis is massive and requires big solutions. We plan to continue opening two schools each year. Join our growing team today, and change the landscape of public education in New York City. If you can’t wait to get started, apply now!
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).