Join Our Mission
At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a stellar Human Resources Generalist with a Bachelor’s Degree and 1-3+ years of work experience to join our team.
Deliver incredible results
As a member of the People Operations team, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with a team of fast-paced, goal-driven strategizers who are constantly improving systems to provide a superior employee experience
- Communicating across areas of our operation to support and drive departmental projects forward
- Devising new, innovative and scalable approaches to employee outreach and education
- Maintaining and supporting evaluation metrics to measure standards and to help us refine our processes
- Supporting day to day People Operations functions
Bring your whole self
We want team members who are passionate about our mission, vision, and core values. You will make a tremendous team member at Zeta if you bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback. You are hungry and determined to not only meet your goals, but surpass them at all costs. You are highly skilled at effectively communicating with your team members, both in good times and bad.
We maintain an unrelenting focus on teamwork, so you must be humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of your own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment. At Zeta, your voice will be valued.
For this role in particular, we are in search of someone with at least 1-3 years of experience in roles requiring strong project management and organizational skills in fast-paced work environments.
Other necessary characteristics include:
- Comfort with understanding and analyzing data; Excel skills required and experience processing taxes preferred
- Strong systems thinking to create scalable processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and in highly collaborative environment
- Strong writing skills
- Hunger to continuously learn and improve
- Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and core values of Zeta Charter Schools
Zeta operates four schools in the Bronx and upper Manhattan. We have ambitious growth plans because the educational crisis is massive and requires big solutions. We plan to continue opening two schools each year. Join our growing team today, and change the landscape of public education in New York City. If you can’t wait to get started, apply now!
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).