Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus on reducing the cost of remittances and increasing safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,000 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
About the role:
The Escalation and Complaints Specialists are responsible for handling and resolving complex customer issues that can’t be handled at the frontline level. They will work with customers to identify their concerns, determine the best course of action, and resolve any outstanding issues in a timely fashion. This role requires efficiency in using conflict resolution skills to diffuse situations and prevent further escalation. Adept in active listening to understand the situation and respond appropriately with the best course of action to all types of customers.
Reporting to the Team Manager, Escalations and Complaints, you will:
- Handle and resolve customer complaints and escalations that came from customers and regulators within the required timeline.
- Follow the appropriate escalations and complaints management policies and procedures when corresponding with ,customers and regulators
- Identify and document contact drivers and share this to stakeholders and how it affects the daily operations.
- Showcase appropriate diligence when handling escalations and complaints to ensure the customer’s trust and confidence is retained and the right experience is delivered.
- Collaborate with different departments to ensure any dependencies with the customer’s issues are resolved
- Collaborate with different team managers by sharing best practices and feedback for frontline customer care agents to mitigate customer contacts escalating into a complaint.
- Participate on projects, ad hoc tasks and provide ideas to contribute on the process improvements for Complaints
- Adhere to and comply with all applicable laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering and Compliance, as well as adhering to company policies and procedures
What we’re looking for from you:
- College level education.
- 2 to 4 years of experience handling customer escalations and complaints in any BPO industry.
- Flexibility to work onsite.
- Flexibility to work on any shift schedule which may be subject to change depending on business need.
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Grace under fire: ability to remain calm during difficult conversations, showcase assertiveness, and demonstrate composure in stressful situations.
- Creative in solving complex customer issues but is aligned with the complaints and escalations policies and procedures.
- Must be highly detail-oriented, smart, and quick-witted.
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below will apply to Full-time roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected.
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire. Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1,000 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to Apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.