Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus on reducing the cost of remittances and increasing safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,000 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
About the role:
As we scale our security function to support our two payment brands and future acquisitions we need to ensure security operations are set up to scale.
We are looking for a person with deep expertise in incident response and vulnerability management who is interested in automation to help scale security operations and take the capability to the next level. We have a close knit highly competent team who you’ll be joining, working alongside them to run phishing campaigns, manage security incidents through our SIEM and contribute to purple team exercises alongside our internal red team capability.
What you will own:
Reporting to the Security Operations Lead you will:
Perform Incident response:
- Act as the technical lead on incidents with deep subject matter expertise
- Respond to security incidents in a timely and effective manner.
- Investigate security incidents to identify root causes and prevent future incidents.
- Communicate with stakeholders throughout the incident response process.
- Review existing processes looking for improvements proactively
- Create run books for common scenarios to improve consistency and prepare for automation
- Champion SecOps Automation:
- Review tooling and processes and automate wherever possible leaning on the ability of the SIEM to integrate to 3rd party APIs and follow workflow to enrich data as well as automatically close some incidents.
- Manage threat and vulnerability management:
- Keep abreast of emerging threats & vulnerabilities
- Own the vulnerability reporting services and manage vulnerability team remediation metrics building relationships and influencing remediation outcomes through robust processes including reporting and risk management.
- Improve stakeholder collaboration & influence:
- Partner with engineering, operations, and business teams to foster a security-first culture.
- Lead SME cross team collaboration sessions to improve knowledge sharing and drive outcomes
- Improve security education and awareness campaigns by leading multi disciplinary and multi media messaging campaigns.
- Strive for continuous improvement:
- Stay updated with the latest developments in security operations and incident response.
- Technical skills:
- Deep understanding of computer networking, authentication, DNS, operating systems & cloud computing.
- Long standing experience responding to incidents including EuC, public cloud server infrastructure and containerised environments.
- Excellent knowledge of modern incident response in a public cloud environment and an organisation that has an engineering capability.
- Experience of scripting and automation.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code tools (e.g., Terraform, CloudFormation).
- Soft skills:
- Calm under pressure
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Outcome focussed and keen to move the needle.
- Experience working in an industry with a high value public facing service.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below will apply to Full-time roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected.
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire. Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1,000 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to Apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.