Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus on reducing the cost of remittances and increasing safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,000 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
About the role:
As we scale our security function to support our two payment brands and future acquisitions we need to ensure automation is at the heart of all of our processes.
We are looking for a person with deep expertise in the technical aspects of security and who is obsessed with solving problems with automation and reducing manual repetitive tasks. This role requires a mix of technical expertise and relentless focus on challenging our team members to focus on what we can automate and how in order to reduce overhead, improve speed and scale our capability. This is about becoming a next-generation security team using or creating open-source tooling, and automation technologies including machine learning, RPA and LLM to allow us to scale with the business and focus on value-added work.
The other aspect of the role is cloud security, as all of our infrastructure is in the public cloud we have to have appropriate guard rails in place to ensure safe consumption of the public cloud with automation at its heart. We build using infrastructure as code and ensuring we have appropriate checks and balances as early in the lifecycle as possible is key to ensuring we maintain velocity and stay safe. We expect the engineer in this role to spot security opportunities to allow us to go even faster and more safely by smoothing the path to secure by default deployments. Helping us scale to thousands of deployments a day.
What you will own:
Reporting to the Group CISO you will:
Cloud Security Enhancement:
- Continuously assess and improve the security posture of our public cloud infrastructure.
- Design and implement cloud security controls in alignment with industry best practices.
- Collaborate with DevOps and CloudOps to integrate security into CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure as code processes.
- Drive automation initiatives across the security function, identifying opportunities to eliminate manual processes.
- Develop automation scripts, tools, and platforms to streamline security operations, and coach others to do the same.
- Collaborate with various internal teams to ensure security tools and services are integrated seamlessly with automation platforms.
Threat and Vulnerability Management:
- Keep abreast of emerging threats targeting public cloud environments and CI/CD tooling.
- Design and automate vulnerability assessment processes for our cloud infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines.
- Ensure timely remediation of identified vulnerabilities through automation or collaboration with relevant teams.
- Partner with engineering, operations, and business teams to foster a security-first culture.
- Act as a subject matter expert on cloud security and automation, providing guidance and consultancy to internal teams.
- Stay updated with the latest developments in cloud security and automation best practices.
- Contribute to internal training and awareness programs to enhance the organisation's cloud security posture.
What you bring to the table:
- Technical Skills:
- Deep understanding of cloud services and their associated security challenges.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code tools (e.g., Terraform, CloudFormation).
- A growth mindset, interested in personal development and trying new things
- Soft Skills:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- The ability to lead and inspire
- A passion for doing things differently and challenging the status quo unafraid to ask difficult questions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to collaborate with teams across different functions and levels.
- Comfort with being self-directed and taking ownership
- Passion enthusiasm and resilience
- Experience working in fast-paced regulated environments
- Working knowledge of machine learning/LLMs and thoughts about how they may be able to support automation
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below will apply to Full-time roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected.
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire. Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1,000 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to Apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.