As the Zeplin crew, we’re building an app used by tens of thousands of product teams daily. While creating a common language for our fellow designers and developers, we care deeply about building a product that delights them.
Software Engineer, Web App
As a Software Engineer on the Web app team, you will build the next generation of Zeplin’s Web application, engineering for performance across browsers while delighting users by making the best Web software we can imagine. 🙃
Our Web app and backend run on AWS, built on technologies like React, Node.js, MongoDB and Redis.
- Being a self-starter by identifying areas that need improvement, all the way from resolving a performance issue to tweaking a UI animation
- Migrating the front-end to a modern architecture
- Learning and utilizing new Web technologies and practices rigorously
- Answering daily questions from users, collaborating with Support Engineers to investigate and solve support issues
- Knowledge of Zeplin and passion for the product
- Care for quality of user experience, as much as quality of code
- Keen eye for application performance and cross-browser compatibility aspects
- Strong problem solving ability
- Clear and positive communication skills in written and spoken English
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms and programming languages
- Strong understanding of the whole web stack
- Experience building interactive web applications
Zeplin started as one piece of the product development cycle. And now designers and engineers interact at every point, from idea to production. Our goal is to help with all the issues that product teams might face in this process.