As the Zeplin crew, we’re building an app used by tens of thousands of product teams daily. While creating a common language for our fellow designers and developers, we care deeply about building a product that delights them.
Software Engineer, Swift
As a Software Engineer on our macOS team, you will be building the new features of Zeplin for our macOS app, as well as engineering performance and improvements to the existing codebase. Our macOS app is a native application built using AppKit and written entirely in Swift.
- Implementing the next generation of Zeplin features and products for the macOS platform using Swift
- Being a self-starter by identifying areas that need improvement, all the way from resolving a performance issue to tweaking a UI animation
- Maintain and improve the codebase
- Keeping up-to-date with macOS and iOS development updates
- Learning and utilizing new AppKit and Swift changes
- Answering daily questions from users, collaborating with Support Engineers to investigate and solve support issues
- Knowledge of Zeplin and passion for the product
- Care for quality of user experience, as much as quality of code
- Strong problem solving ability
- Clear and positive communication skills in written and spoken English
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms and programming languages
- Minimum 5 years' relevant professional experience
- Experience with Swift
- Experience building macOS applications using AppKit
- Experience building iOS applications using UIKit
Zeplin started as one piece of the product development cycle. And now designers and engineers interact at every point, from idea to production. Our goal is to help with all the issues that product teams might face in this process.