As the Zeplin crew, we’re building an app used by tens of thousands of product teams daily. While creating a common language for our fellow designers and developers, we care deeply about building a product that delights them.
Software Engineer, Backend
As a Software Engineer on Backend team, you will be building the next generation of Zeplin’s API and real time collaboration services, engineering for performance across scalability, redundancy and reliability.
Our backend stack runs on AWS, built on technologies like Node.js, MongoDB, Redis, and RabbitMQ.
- Implementing the next generation of Zeplin API, solving challenging problems at the intersection of computational systems and user experience
- Advocating automated testing and code quality
- Constantly monitoring, and improving the performance for all backend stacks
- Responding to alerts, pings, pages and queries
- Thinking ahead to sustain reliability and availability by building instrumentation and profiling tools, accommodating our rapidly growing user base
- Following new technologies, being eager to adapt them
- Implementing automated services, for repetitive day-to-day tasks
- Answering daily questions from users, collaborating with Support Engineers to investigate and solve support issues
- Knowledge of Zeplin and passion for the product
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms and programming languages
- Strong knowledge of cloud architecture and application deployment
- Understanding of basic security concepts (e.g. Symmetric and Asymmetric encryption, Secure Key Exchange)
- Clear and positive communication skills in written and spoken English
- Minimum 5 years' relevant professional experience
- Thorough architecture understanding, both on a theoretical level (e.g. RDBMS vs. NoSQL) and on an applied level (e.g. Redis vs. Cassandra, RabbitMQ vs. Kafka)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with data privacy and protection
Zeplin started as one piece of the product development cycle. And now designers and engineers interact at every point, from idea to production. Our goal is to help with all the issues that product teams might face in this process.