As the Zeplin crew, we’re building an app used by tens of thousands of product teams daily. While creating a common language for our fellow designers and developers, we care deeply about building a product that delights them.
About the Zeplin Sales & Success Crew
We are a distributed team of Account Managers, Customer Success Managers, and Account Executives, all aligned around the north star of guiding our customers to be successful with Zeplin.
About the Strategic Account Manager role
As a Strategic Account Manager at Zeplin you’ll define and own the value based sales cycle for our largest existing Enterprise tier customers. You’ll work with some of the world's leading product teams at the largest design-led companies in the US.
You’ll build a track record of establishing relationships with technical decision-makers as well as managing both renewal and upsell opportunities. As the trusted advisor to a portfolio of circa 40 companies, you’ll lead them in their journey from their first few hundred Zeplin users to ubiquitous use of Zeplin across all of their teams.
Companies like Airbnb, Starbucks, Box, Autodesk, and many more, rely on Zeplin to deliver on the promise of design. Having recently surpassed 4 million users, we are doubling our crew from 60+ to 120+ Zepliner’s in 2021 to keep up with this incredible growth.
- Own the sales cycle from renewal to expansion and upgrade, by providing account coverage and revenue expansion through inbound and outbound sales interactions
- Identify and build Zeplin champions to drive ubiquitous standardization of Zeplin
- Build long-term relationships with top strategic customers, educating them on the value of our technology throughout the adoption cycle
- Achieve monthly & quarterly quotas for meetings, pipeline generation, and closed ARR
- Upsell existing non-Enterprise subscription customers through proactive value-based selling working across multiple stakeholders including Procurement, Security IT, as well as key business executives within Product & Design teams such as the VP of Design and VP of Product
- Monitor product adoption trends, helping prioritize high-value product opportunities and capturing feature gaps based on feedback
- Activate user love for Zeplin by conducting periodic health-checks and QBRs together with Zeplin CSMs, offering advice on best practices and creative product solutions
- Collaborate with the Zeplin Success crew on plans that drive expanded customer adoption over time and ensure customer success
- 7+ years in Enterprise SaaS sales working with Fortune 1000 companies and developing relationships with Economic Buyers and Executive Sponsors
- Previously sold a technical SaaS product to a range of business functions, e.g., developers, designers, marketing, product, analytics
- Start-up or early-stage company experience, preferably in a product-led / freemium business model
- Track record of best in class quota attainment, we are looking for the top 20% of account management talent
- Experience hitting quotas of $2M+ of ARR each year, including exceeding both Renewal ARR goals (>150% Net Retention) and New/Upsell ARR goals
- Highly driven and competitive, you will have a strong desire to be successful both individually and as a team by helping others leverage from your experience
- Mastered a value-based approach to selling, such as Command of the Message or Challenger Selling
- Experience using the MEDDPICC qualification methodology
- Fast learner, ability to deeply understand complex technology landscapes, and a high EQ
- Track record of navigating Fortune 1000 customers and effectively communicating with product teams and other key stakeholders
- Ability to excel in a fast paced startup environment bringing high energy, excitement and grit
- Experience negotiating complex Master Services Agreements with Enterprise legal teams
- Deep understanding of the motivations of product/development teams to influence their decisions by presenting compelling new technologies
- Constantly learning and implementing best practices and tools on SaaS sales technique
- Great collaboration and communication skills, seeking help from teammates to accomplish goals