As the Zeplin crew, we’re building an app used by tens of thousands of product teams daily. While creating a common language for our fellow designers and developers, we care deeply about building a product that delights them.
About the Zeplin Sales & Success Crew
We are a distributed team of Account Managers, BDRs, and Customer Success Managers all aligned around the north star of guiding our customers to deliver on the promise of design with Zeplin.
About the Role
The Zeplin crew is more than doubling in size in 2021, and we are now looking for a customer-focused VP, Sales - North America to be an integral part of the Zeplin leadership team. You will be responsible for recruiting, leading, enabling, and mentoring a team of highly performing Account Managers responsible for the acquisition, expansion, and retention of Enterprise and Mid Market customers across a range of industries in the Americas region.
We are looking for a hands-on leader, with experience in product-led sales go-to-market who loves to roll up their sleeves and create winning playbooks that will enable Zeplin to exceed the growth we have targeted for 2021 and beyond.
Today more than 4 million users and 30 thousand product teams, including Airbnb, Starbucks, Box, Autodesk, and many more, rely on Zeplin to deliver on the promise of design.
- Lead a growing team of both Strategic and Commercial Account Managers
- Attract, hire, coach, on-board and retain top sales talent who love to win together
- Assist account managers in strategizing, negotiating, and closing complex multi-year 6-and 7-figure contracts, with extensive legal MSA reviews.
- Drive the crew to achieve their weekly, monthly and quarterly goals for KPIs such as customer meetings, pipeline, forecasting accuracy, opportunities touched, and closed deals.
- Lead weekly and monthly one-on-one and team-wide pipeline reviews, deal reviews and training/coaching sessions.
- Be a change agent within Zeplin, help define new playbooks and processes to grow our sales-assisted ARR.
- Work closely with an extended team of Sales Development Representatives, Customer Success Managers, Marketing, Support, etc.
- Identify product / technology gaps and share learnings with Zeplin’s Product and Leadership Crews.
- 10+ years of on-quota, B2B SaaS sales experience, with a preference for product-led growth, selling primarily to Enterprise & Mid Market accounts
- 4+ years of high-velocity 1st-line sales leadership experience at an early stage start-up where sales reps carry a $1M+ New ARR quota
- Experience in selling and/or leading teams who sell to a technical audience such as designers, developers, product managers, analytics
- A track record of selling six-figure and seven-figure deals to IT and lines of business owners in a very competitive and dynamic marketplace
- Experience driving the use of MEDDPICC and ideally trained in “Command of the Message” or an equivalent value-based sales methodology
- A love for data, metrics, and tools to help the sales team thrive, together with a coach-first approach.
- A 4 year university/college degree preferred