As the Zeplin crew, we’re building an app used by tens of thousands of product teams daily. While creating a common language for our fellow designers and developers, we care deeply about building a product that delights them.
As the first in-house Legal Counsel at Zeplin, you’ll be a strategic advisor on various matters across the organization. While primarily focusing on U.S. business needs, we are a US-based corporation that operates internationally, so you will also find many opportunities to support our EMEA teams and clients. Working closely with our Sales and Operations teams, you will lead the building and streamlining of our legal processes to support a rapidly scaling startup.
- Build the legal foundations and create processes and best practices, develop forms and materials, and host training sessions
- Support our sales and marketing teams by drafting, reviewing, and negotiating agreements with enterprise customers
- Provide counsel to Zeplin's business clients and vendor partners on any possible legal issues, including privacy, regulatory, and employment matters
- Identify needs to implement and improve Zeplin's policies and procedures to manage legal and business risk on a global scale
- Advise Zeplin leadership and team leaders on best legal practices on a range of commercial and technology matters across all of Zeplin’s departments
- Coordinate with external legal counsel and internal security departments to ensure all processes remain compliant
- JD from an accredited law school, and current license to practice law, preferably in California
- Experience working with start-ups in the tech industry
- Experience working with international teams
- Strong attention to detail with stellar organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships
- Understanding of, and experience with, privacy and protection laws and regulations, particularly CCPA and GDPR
- Experience operating in a hyper-growth, rapidly changing environment