Gem is building the platform for modern recruiting. Our software empowers recruiters to source and engage with candidates at scale, and gives talent leaders data and insights to operate their teams more efficiently. Our customers are savvy recruiting teams from industry-leading companies — like Twilio, Robinhood, Peloton, and Gusto — who understand that getting the best talent in the market is key to maintaining their competitive advantage.
With $148M in funding led by ICONIQ, Greylock, and Accel at a $1.2B valuation, Gem has become one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies at its scale. In the last year, we tripled ARR, made Y Combinator’s and were recognized as a great place for career growth and diversity by Comparably.
The Team & Role
We are looking for a stellar Senior Administrative Assistant to support our GTM org. This is a brand new role, with an opportunity to create a new partnerships with leaders who haven't previously had this level of support. You’ll report to the Senior Executive Assistant for GTM and support initiatives across the GTM Organization. This unique role will require precision, high-volume administration and impeccable admin support.
The ideal candidate will work alongside our leadership team and the people they engage with, including customers, partners, investors, board members and helping enable them to achieve key outcomes by bringing their proven skills and knowledge to the table in order to be successful within the role.
- Planning and assistance in helping our executives be as effective as possible
- Help manage the daily schedules of multiple leaders and actively maintain a busy calendar
- Scheduling internal and external meetings
- Assist with quarterly leadership offsites from planning to execution
- Provide meeting support to your executives including ensuring an agenda is in place, note-taking, capturing action items and follow-ups, and noting decisions made
- Assist with special projects to streamline operations and miscellaneous assistance as needed
- Minimum of 3 years of experience doing heavy and complicated calendaring at a large or high growth company
- Exposure or experience working with executives and leadership teams
- Previous experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to be adaptable to chaotic situations, maintaining a cheerful, calm demeanor
- Ability to custodian daily/weekly priorities and gatekeep calendaring
- Self-motivated and have an innate can-do attitude and drive projects to completion with urgency and the mindset for constructive and direct feedback
- You’re a born organizer - you love bringing order to chaos, creating processes and systems that make life easier
- Team player with exceptional people skills: amiable, completely reliable, constructive, and collaborative, a builder of relationships across functions and with diverse individuals
- Maintain and exercise confidentiality and discretion
- Excellent and creative problem solve
- Exceptionally detail-oriented, meticulous and take pride in your work
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly express your thoughts verbally and in writing.
Gem is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and encourage folks of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. At Gem, we’re committed to having an inclusive and transparent environment where every voice is heard and acknowledged. We embrace our differences, and know that our diverse team is a strength that drives our success.
Gem is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please email us at and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.