Gem is building the platform for modern recruiting. Our software empowers recruiters to source and engage with candidates at scale, and gives talent leaders data and insights to operate their teams more efficiently. Our customers are savvy recruiting teams from industry-leading companies — like Twilio, Robinhood, Peloton, and Gusto — who understand that getting the best talent in the market is key to maintaining their competitive advantage.
With $148M in funding led by ICONIQ, Greylock, and Accel at a $1.2B valuation, Gem has become one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies at its scale. In the last year, we tripled ARR, made Y Combinator’s and were recognized as a great place for career growth and diversity by Comparably.
The Team & Role
As the fifth person to the support team, you’ll be helping to set the foundation for the future of support at Gem. You’ll be working directly with Customers, Product, Engineering, Sales, and the rest of the Customer Success organization to provide a best-in-class support experience for our users. You’ll be a continuous source of insight for EPD (Engineering, Product, and Design), and will always be advocating for the user.
Read more about our company values: https://blog.gem.com/what-its-like-to-work-at-gem
- Become a Gem product expert to effectively ensure a high level of customer satisfaction while resolving customer issues, or assisting CSMs in more technical implementations and setup questions.
- Document and file customer issues, bugs, and product feedback clearly and concisely.
- Keep information flowing between our customers and EPD to help provide customer insights, resolve issues, and drive success and value for customers.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and contribute to identifying and developing scalable processes to help grow the org.
- Wear many hats as part of a growing company, and assisting with things like new user onboarding, and trainings.
- You exude empathy and genuinely care about helping users get to the root of the problem and effectively solving their problems.
- 2+ years experience working in a technical support role (SaaS experience preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication, especially when explaining technical concepts to less-technical users.
- Comfortable in a user facing role, interacting with both customers and our EPD teams to ensure customer needs are met.
- Ability to work in a highly cross-functional environment.
- Openness and honesty when you don’t know the answer, and the drive to find one.
- Familiar with OAuth, APIs, and more complex web troubleshooting.
- A self-starter who is comfortable taking the initiative to resolve issues in ways they deem fit.
Gem is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and encourage folks of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. At Gem, we’re committed to having an inclusive and transparent environment where every voice is heard and acknowledged. We embrace our differences, and know that our diverse team is a strength that drives our success.
Gem is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please email us at and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.