Manager, Customer Success
Gem is building the platform for modern recruiting. Our software empowers recruiters to source and engage with candidates at scale, and gives talent leaders data and insights to operate their teams more efficiently. Our customers are savvy recruiting teams from industry-leading companies — like Twilio, Robinhood, Peloton, and Gusto — who understand that getting the best talent in the market is key to maintaining their competitive advantage.
With $148M in funding led by ICONIQ, Greylock, and Accel at a $1.2B valuation, Gem has become one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies at its scale. In the last year, we tripled ARR, made Y Combinator’s and were recognized as a great place for career growth and diversity by Comparably.
The Team & Role
Gem believes in putting the customer at the center of everything we do. The Customer Success Management team is the secret sauce to make that a reality. The team’s mission is to build, deepen, and grow relationships with customers to make customers for life. Through this partnership, CSMs become our customers’ advocate within Gem. Put another way, CSMs are the connective tissue that aligns the larger Gem team to best serve our customers and drive product adoption, success, and satisfaction.
We are seeking an experienced Manager, Customer Success with demonstrated success in developing and scaling a Customer Success team. This Manager will build strategies that drive ongoing adoption initiatives, mature client relationships and will ensure that the strategies put in place drive forward the team and company goals.
- Lead strategic planning for your team, including: onboarding customers, ongoing customer success enablement and renewals
- Pursue and exceed ambitious adoption goals
- Be a subject matter expert in both Gem’s positioning, vertical and our buyer personas
- Partner with cross-functional teams including, Marketing, Sales Enablement, and Product teams
- Establish, implement and coach the team on best practices for maximizing retention, high growth rates, forecasting accuracy, and Salesforce hygiene
- Ensure a high level of customer success through relationship management, product implementation & training
- Ability to work with a moderately technical and complex product that requires extreme attention to detail
- Coach team to serve as a communication channel between customers and the Gem Engineering and Product team by providing useful, actionable and detailed product feedback in an organized way
- 2+ years of people leadership experience in B2B SaaS, managing full lifecycle of accounts
- 3-5+ years in a revenue generating role
- Passion for coaching and developing world class talent
- Second-to-none client-facing skills: communication, empathy, integrity
- Consultative, value-based customer approach
- Willingness to work in a startup environment and take on new and unexpected challenges with positivity and creativity
- Enjoy collaborating with peers on the sales, marketing and product teams
Gem is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and encourage folks of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. At Gem, we’re committed to having an inclusive and transparent environment where every voice is heard and acknowledged. We embrace our differences, and know that our diverse team is a strength that drives our success.
Gem is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please email us at and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.