Gem is building the platform for modern recruiting. Our software empowers recruiters to source and engage with candidates at scale, and gives talent leaders analytics and end-to-end visibility into the recruiting funnel. Our customers are savvy recruiting teams from industry-leading companies — like Slack, Twilio, Pinterest and Cisco — who understand that getting the best talent in the market is key to maintaining their competitive advantage.
Backed by Greylock, Accel and Y Combinator, Gem has gotten enormous traction since we began going to market in 2018. We grew revenue 4x in 2019, and more than doubled in 2020--making us one of the fastest growing SaaS companies at our scale. We also were listed as one of the in the Y Combinator portfolio.
The Team & Role
Our Recruiting team is responsible for helping grow the Gem family. We care deeply about building a high performing, diverse, and inclusive team where people can do their best work and have a blast while doing it. Being at the center of a company that builds modern recruiting software, our team is empowered to innovate on traditional recruiting methods and bring a high level of creativity to our everyday work.
As one of our first sourcers, you’ll run with complex searches and strategically partner with hiring managers and recruiters to help identify some of our early key hires within Engineering, Product and Design. If using data and creativity to run searches, and work at a company that lives & breathes recruiting sounds like fun to you, we’d love to chat.
- Act as an ambassador and power use of Gem’s products, workflows, and features
- Identify and engage passive talent for our Engineering, Product and Design teams
- Calibrate on technical roles and quickly generate high quality and diverse top-of-funnel
- Design and implement creative sourcing strategies with a focus on diversity and inclusion
- Own communication between the interview teams and drive velocity of hiring
- 3+ years of experience in a sourcing role with experience hiring for Engineering teams
- You’re a sourcer at heart and can source your way out of any situation
- Creative problem solver with a knack for getting things done
- Understanding of the talent market landscape
- Experience crafting strong and compelling email outreach and pitching roles to potential candidates
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Experience working in a fast-pacing environment, early-stage startups preferred
Gem is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and encourage folks of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. At Gem, we’re committed to having an inclusive and transparent environment where every voice is heard and acknowledged. We embrace our differences, and know that our diverse team is a strength that drives our success.
Gem is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please email us at and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.