Gem is building the platform for modern recruiting. Our software empowers recruiters to source and engage with candidates at scale, and gives talent leaders analytics and end-to-end visibility into the recruiting funnel. Our customers are savvy recruiting teams from industry-leading companies — like Slack, Pinterest, and Dropbox — who understand that getting the best talent in the market is key to maintaining their competitive advantage.
Backed by Greylock, Accel and Y Combinator, Gem has gotten enormous traction since we began going to market in 2018. We grew revenue 4x in 2019, and more than doubled in 2020--making us one of the fastest growing SaaS companies at our scale. We also were listed as one of the in the Y Combinator portfolio.
The Team & Role
Our engineering team is focused on our customers and prioritizes velocity. We would rather iterate on a new feature in collaboration with a trusted customer than develop functionality in isolation from end users. Although changing priorities can be thrashy, we attribute our current success to our responsiveness to the needs of our customers.
Our technology stack is configured with velocity in mind. GraphQL, React, and Python are just a few of the technologies we use to enable velocity. Reliability and consistency are also very important to us. We sync millions of emails, resumes, and applications and rely on that information to inform our customers (has anyone on the team reached out to this person?) and services (should we send a follow-up email?). This would be the first front-end engineer to partner closely with design and engineering to help implement and design a seamless recruiter experience.
- Build features that make recruiting teams feel super-powered
- Collaborate with teammates to identify solutions with the right trade-offs
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Work closely with sales to understand customer pain points and opportunities for features and improvements
- Build infrastructure to handle metadata for millions of candidates
- Ideally 3+ years of front-end experience
- An engineer who cares about the fit and finish of their visual work
- A strong collaborator who can work with design and engineering
- A strong communicator to keep people up-to-date about their work and roll out changes across the site
- A desire to partner closely with design
- Someone comfortable working with CSS
- Someone with strong engineering fundamentals. The React components they build will need to have intuitive API and allow for composability
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.