Every time you go out to eat, you want food that tastes good and is safely prepared, a clean environment, and quality service. Creating that consistent experience is at the core of how Zenput is used today in 60,000 locations across 100+ countries by the world’s top restaurant chains, convenience stores, and grocers. Customers including Domino’s, Chipotle, P.F. Changs, Five Guys, KFC, Smart & Final, and 7-Eleven rely on our top-ranked operations execution platform to keep their business moving and growing by ensuring work is done correctly, and on time.
Founded in 2012, our company vision is to make every meal, a safe meal. Recognized for the third year in a row as one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces, the team working toward that vision has grown to 130+ Zenputters across our hybrid workforce - with offices in San Francisco, CA (HQ), Atlanta, GA, and Guadalajara, MX, and remotely-based employees.
About the role
We are a fast-paced organization and we are looking for people who want to collaborate broadly and deal with ambiguity to solve real problems that have a huge impact on our customer’s businesses, and to grow our company and grow the people around them.
As a Staff Engineer, you will play a vital role in developing new features & products and helping to maintain and update our enterprise products. Working collaboratively with other talented engineers as an empathetic system thinker you will continue to evolve our platform.
What you’ll do as a Staff Engineer
- Mentor other engineers to ensure our product and team members are improving
- Identify opportunities to improve in support of our product roadmap
- Create ADRs, RFCs, and other supporting documents to ensure technical decisions are well-considered, clear, and recorded so we have context and trust in what we’re doing
- Contribute directly on the Zenput platform, including web and mobile UI’s, commenting and messaging, webhooks and APIs, as well as expand capabilities in our mobile applications
- Work in an agile environment, scoping work to enable tight feedback loops on what’s working and what’s not
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and Eng Managers on plans for iterative improvements
- Maximize long-term velocity and minimize risk by using and educating on TDD, CI and other DevOps best practices
What we’re looking for
- 7+ years developing complex software for the web in multiple languages with multiple components/services
- Experience in a player/coach role, both leading development teams and writing software
Nice to haves
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience working with hardware (mobile devices, embedded hardware)
- Expertise in and experience developing enterprise products, and web products at scale
- Experience with distributed systems, complex user interfaces or other challenging engineering problems
- Open source contributions
- You’ve helped make your work environment fun, and it’s important to you.
- You’ve built great relationships with coworkers in the past, and want to keep doing it.
- You care similarly about building great software, and building great relationships with other people.
- You’re interested in the technical problems we are solving.
- You’re interested in the types of business problems we are solving.
What you’ll get
- Great mission-driven team members from diverse backgrounds with a strong company culture
- Competitive pay
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid company holidays
- Yearly team off-sites
- International travel opportunities
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (FSA & HSA options)
- Wellness benefits (Headspace, OneMedical, Physera, Ginger.io, Aaptiv)
- Commuter benefits
- Work in an open environment on solutions that are reshaping the way businesses operate
- Fun team events
- Ability to have a big impact