About the role
How you will contribute
- Analyzing requirements and translating them into technical solutions
- Ensuring that your solutions are aligned with our engineering principles (Simplicity, Speed, Stability, Scalability, Security)
- Owning and improving the quality and delivery of the solutions you build
- Not only participating, but actively contributing to the processes in your team and the department
- Helping your team to plan and estimate deliveries both short and long term
- Sharing your expertise and knowledge with others, so you can grow together
- Contributing to the tech roadmap, the tech radar and our collectives
Who you are
- You have at least 2 years of experience with a modern SPA framework and Node.js
- You know how to design and write meaningful tests
- You communicate very well, both written and verbally (English)
- You are passionate about and know how good UI/UX looks like
- You would love to work and contribute to a diverse team with people from a variety of backgrounds, cultures and with different levels of experience
- You live up and identify yourself with the values of our company – honest, humble, helpful, hungry
We are Zenjob, a Berlin-based fast-growing digital staffing company backed by strong international investors including Acton Capital, Atlantic Labs, AXA Venture Partners, Forestay Capital, and Redalpine Venture Partners. Our technological staffing solution is used daily by thousands of students and hundreds of well-known brands in sectors such as e-commerce, logistics, fashion retail, food retail, and hospitality.
Having recently closed our $30m Series C financing round, we will continue a rapid roll-out of our services across Germany and beyond into the international market.
For us at Zenjob our culture is our key to success. We live every day by our four values: honest, humble, hungry and helpful. We embrace inclusiveness as the core element to shape diverse and therefore powerful teams.
Engineering at Zenjob
Technology is core to Zenjob's vision. Our engineers from all over the world are building the services that power our platform – our mobile and web apps, our matching core, and the digital document management system. Engineering works alongside Product to support every department to create value for our users and customers. We love to adopt new technologies, and strive for ownership and excellence to build the work platform of the future. To achieve this goal, we base everything we do on our 5 engineering principles: speed, simplicity, stability, scalability and security.
Zenjob wants to create a great experience for both talents looking for work, and companies searching for part-time help. To meet our users needs we are organised into two value streams with multiple cross-functional teams. A third value stream provides the infrastructure, as well as shared services.
On top of that, we are building an internal engineering community that supports our growing team and maintains best practices and technical excellence throughout the department. Building a large scale platform is not only a technical challenge, but an exciting social and organisational one as well.
Bring Your Whole Self to Zenjob
We know that diverse teams build better products, and we care to create a welcoming environment for everyone. With this in mind, we want to build our teams, cultivate leaders and create an innovative and successful company. This is a special shoutout to people from underrepresented groups to come shaping the future of work with us!
Our tech stack
Our platform is powered by AWS, Kubernetes, Istio, Terraform and Docker. These tools form the foundation that allow us to deploy and scale fast and easily. Everything is monitored and logged by Prometheus and Grafana including request tracing for better observability.
Our microservices and backends are running on Nodejs, and Java with Spring Boot and Groovy, which include easy-to-use templates for new microservices.
On the client-side we run on React and Redux with the help of a Microfrontends for the web, while we use Swift for iOS and Kotlin for our Android Apps.
We test our software by using Selenium, JUnit, Spock, and React-testing-library.
We store data in various persistence technologies like Kafka-Streams, Postgres and Redis, while also using SQS and REST for both asynchronous and immediate service-communication. We make use of technologies like ElasticSearch to perfectly match talents to the right job.
We empower our teams to experiment with new technologies by using our Technology Radar, in order to give great user experience for our customers. The insights we gain from our users flow back into our product development through A/B testing and constant feedback.
What we offer
- A supportive, open, and fun team that will have your back from day 1
- 28 days of vacation (increases by 1 day per year after two full calendar years of employment, max up to 30 days), 1 day special leave paid for charity work, 5 days of paid educational leave, option of unpaid leave
- Hybrid work set-up combining office & remote work, flexible working hours, bring your dog policy
- Ongoing focus on your personal development (annual development budget of €750, mentoring opportunities, continuous career conversations)
- 50% subsidy on Urban Sports Club, 25% discount on FitX gym membership
- 40 EUR credit for Rydes - a sustainable mobility solution spanning public transport, bike sharing, etc.
- Quarterly team events, winter party, summer party, budget for employee's birthdays & anniversaries
If this sounds good, then we’d love to hear from you
Please send us your CV and outline briefly why this position is of interest to you, what you will add to the team and what you're most passionate about.