Senior Usability Engineer
This position supports TriNet, a U.S. public company that owns the Zenefits brand.TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At TriNet, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every single qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
A Brief Overview
- The Senior Usability Engineer (UE) will use human-centered design principles to drive improvements and generate new products and services that are intuitive, accessible, and seamless. Responsibilities include developing a deep understanding of our customers and internal colleagues, conducting user experience (UX) research, collaborating with cross-functional teams, inspiring change, delivering oral and written presentations, and sharing actionable insights.
- India (Remote)
What You Will Do
- Champion the user throughout the product development life cycle
- Own UX research projects by planning and conducting UX research for software products and potentially for services. Includes identifying internal stakeholders’ research questions and determining the appropriate UX research method or mix of methods (e.g., usability testing, in-depth interviews, surveys, etc.), developing a research plan, collecting data, summarizing and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to inform design decisions, and presenting UX research findings and insights
- Use readily available technology for remote UX research
- Mentor or coach Associate UEs and UEs, Designers and Product Managers in various UX research activities
- Screen, recruit and schedule research participants
- Evangelize UX research
- Share ways to improve UX research processes, collaboration with other teams, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors (Industrial Engineering), Psychology, Sociology, or a related field required
- Typically 5+ years of professional experience in the enterprise or other complex software space, as a usability engineer or user researcher
- Typically 5+ years of experience with evaluative and generative research
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of research methods through all phases of software development (including usability testing, interviews, contextual inquiries, persona development, etc.). (Intermediate proficiency)
- Understand observational field study techniques, data analysis and synthesis, and experimental design (Intermediate proficiency)
- Ability to formulate clear and understandable reports and present/communicate findings to internal leadership teams (Intermediate proficiency)
- Effective presentation, verbal and written communication skills, and ability to facilitate collaborative sessions (Intermediate proficiency)
- Manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to navigate complex stakeholder relationships
- Ability to quickly learn different areas of the business and adapt as we grow rapidly into existing and new areas of the PEO business
- Excellent communication skills to thoughtfully give and receive feedback
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable home or office setting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position will be considered remote and requires reliable and consistent internet service.
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact email@example.com to request such an accommodation.