TriNetZenefits is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNetZenefits has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At TriNetZenefits, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every single qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
At TriNet Zenefits, our mission is to level the playing field for the other 99.7%— the underserved small and mid-size businesses that fuel our economy. These businesses face challenges disproportionate to their size and resources. That’s why we provide an intuitive, mobile, all-in-one People Operations ("POPs") platform specifically built for small businesses and their employees.
TriNet Zenefits' engineering team is the pioneer in building our People Operations platform, which requires a high degree of collaboration across various functions such as engineering, product management, design, as well as customer facing operations and support teams. We spend a significant amount of time designing and implementing payroll, benefits, and other third party systems. As our Senior Software Engineer you'll lead the team in building out POPs platform offerings as well as automating our complex business workflows.
What you'll do:
- Write and test high-quality, maintainable code
- Gather technical and functional requirements of product
- Scope, design and own project delivery
- Identify and manage appropriate level of communication with key stakeholders throughout the project
- Ensure testing coverage, sufficient documentation, timely delivery and proper maintenance of final product
- Perform support and maintenance activities of existing systems including but not limited to bug fixes, library upgrades, back-end tools to support the Product Operations team
- Partner with cross cutting teams to ensure a complete end to end customer experience
What you'll bring:
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in Python, Java, or other major object-oriented languages, e.g. C++
- Familiarity with object-oriented and functional programming concepts and design patterns
- Experience working on architectures involving one or more of the following concepts and their implementation: XML/JSON message processing, REST API, Object Relational Mapping, asynchronous web services and distributed message queues
- Experience with Agile development practices (Scrum, continuous integration etc..)
- Experience working on scalable architecture which can handle high volumes of data required for build out of our cloud based platform
- Strong analytical skills and algorithms knowledge
- User first approach, comfortable with rapid iterations
- Experience writing tests for written code (unit tests, regression tests, integration tests etc.)
- Experience with version control system (Git, Subversion, CVS etc.)
- Quick learner and keen to learn new tools, languages and technologies
- Ability to work both in a self-directed manner, and lead part of a team
- Must either have authorization/permit to work in Canada or the United States for any employer and not require sponsorship
What we offer:
- Ability to work remote and collaborate with a team that spans borders and timezones
- Competitive, market-based pay, based on your experience, abilities, impact, and geographic region - just ask us the range for your location
- Solid benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and more for our US employees and a comprehensive ancillary package for our Canadian employees
- Generous time off including holidays, vacation, sick, civic, and volunteering time off
- The opportunity to build solutions that help drive small business success stories
Life at Zenefits:
As an equal opportunity employer, we’re leveling the playing field for everyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and champion an inclusive workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, how you think, or what you believe, all are encouraged to apply.
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States.
As an applicant seeking to work in the state of California; city of Cincinnati; the state of Washington; Toledo, Ohio; state of Nevada; state of Connecticut; state of Maryland; or state of Rhode Island you are entitled to information about the salary range for this role. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Please Note: TriNetZenefits reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNetZenefits is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request such an accommodation.