At Zenefits, our mission is to level the playing field for the other 99.7%— the underserved small and mid-size businesses that fuel our economy. These businesses face challenges disproportionate to their size and resources. That’s why we provide an intuitive, mobile, all-in-one People Operations ("POPs") platform specifically built for small businesses and their employees.
Zenefits engineering team is the pioneer in building our People Operations platform, which requires a high degree of collaboration across various functions such as engineering, product management, design, as well as customer facing operations and support teams. We spend a significant amount of time designing and implementing payroll, benefits, and other third party systems. As our Senior Software Engineer you'll lead the team in building out POPs platform offerings as well as automating our complex business workflows.
What you'll do:
- Write and test high-quality, maintainable code
- Gather technical and functional requirements of product
- Scope, design and own project delivery
- Identify and manage appropriate level of communication with key stakeholders throughout the project
- Ensure testing coverage, sufficient documentation, timely delivery and proper maintenance of final product
- Perform support and maintenance activities of existing systems including but not limited to bug fixes, library upgrades, back-end tools to support the Product Operations team
- Partner with cross cutting teams to ensure a complete end to end customer experience
What you'll bring:
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in Python, Java, or other major object-oriented languages, e.g. C++
- Familiarity with object-oriented and functional programming concepts and design patterns
- Experience working on architectures involving one or more of the following concepts and their implementation: XML/JSON message processing, REST API, Object Relational Mapping, asynchronous web services and distributed message queues
- Experience with Agile development practices (Scrum, continuous integration etc..)
- Strong analytical skills and algorithms knowledge
- User first approach, comfortable with rapid iterations
- Experience writing tests for written code (unit tests, regression tests, integration tests etc.)
- Experience with version control system (Git, Subversion, CVS etc.)
- Ability to work both in a self-directed manner, and lead part of a team
Life at Zenefits:
As an equal opportunity employer, we’re leveling the playing field for everyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and champion an inclusive workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, how you think, or what you believe, all are encouraged to apply.