Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HCM (human capital management) solution for small and medium businesses. Designed as an interconnected ecosystem of apps, Zenefits delivers the most complete HR experience by combining its own powerful apps with dozens of best-of-breed providers on the Zenefits platform. Built on a modern technology stack, Zenefits’ platform provides a comprehensive Employee Record tightly integrated with Zenefits’ apps such as onboarding, payroll, compliance and benefits administration and partner apps like email, expense management, and employee engagement. The result is a powerful HCM solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their people, stay compliant and save thousands of hours in lost time.
Building this highly integrated platform requires a high degree of collaboration across various functions such as product management, design as well customer facing operations and support teams. We spend a significant amount of time designing and implementing engineering platforms unique to this space.
Zenefits is seeking a passionate software engineer who is keen and motivated to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment alongside experienced engineers on impactful projects.
As a Zenefits intern, you will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will play a key role in designing new products and platform integrations that drive our business. You will get your hands dirty building HR platform offerings; you will also have access to experts in multiple technical areas like Product, UX, Python, React, Cloud-computing etc across the extended engineering organization. Last, but not least, you will ship real products and we promise you'll never get bored!
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Work closely with the engineering team to:
- Ship real code in real time
- Define, build out, and take ownership over features and projects
- Write and test high-quality, maintainable code
- Tackle complex engineering challenges. From designing reliable services in a distributed system to automating rules and regulations
- Partner with cross cutting teams to ensure a complete end to end customer experience
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled in a registered co-op program at an accredited Canadian university
- Experience in one of the following languages: Python, Java, C++, C
- Experience with web technologies and system design
- Passion for writing code and owning your projects end-to-end
- Quick learner and keen to learn new tools, languages and technologies
- Motivated and a team player