Head of Zenefits Vancouver/ Sr. Director of Engineering
We are looking for an experienced Executive Director to oversee all operations, functions, and activities in our Vancouver office. You will be the face of the Vancouver office, responsible for giving proper strategic direction and implementing high-quality vision.
An excellent executive director is an influential manager with the ability to lead and motivate. They have great communication skills and take a holistic approach to managing the office’s operations. They also act as a brand ambassador for Zenefits in Vancouver.
Responsibilities as Site Leader Executive Director
- Developing and implementing strategies aiming to promote the Vancouver location’s mission and voice
- Creating complete business plans for the attainment of goals and objectives set by the business
- Building an effective team of leaders by providing guidance and coaching to managers and independent contributors in the Vancouver office
- Ensure adherence of the organization’s daily activities and long-term plans to established policies and legal guidelines
- Forge and maintain relations with the rest of the organization to represent and advocate for the Vancouver office.
- Act as a public speaker and public relations representative in Vancouver for Zenefits in ways that strengthen our profile
- Able to attract, retain amazing technical talent to the Vancouver location for Zenefits.
- Devise remedial actions for any identified issues and conduct crisis management when necessary for the teams operating out of Vancouver
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining good and effective relationships with the Canadian federal and provincial governments as necessary for audit, taxation and compliance purposes.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with universities in Canada in order to attract great technical talent to Zenefits.
Responsibilities as Director of Engineering
- Translate and set the technical vision, direction, and strategy for corporate benefits system products.
- Manage product lines for the flexible benefits system across client companies.
- Strategize, prioritize and execute project plans.
- Provide technical leadership and manage a team of software engineers.
- Collaborate on current and future products with Product Managers.
- Work with engineering, product and design teams to conceptualize and define business requirements and transform these business requirements into high quality technical solutions.
- Create and implement project metrics and quality control plans.
- Responsible for hiring, compensation, and management of junior, senior, and staff-level engineers on an internationally distributed engineering team.
- Drive rapid prototyping cycles from technical requirements, software design, programming, debugging, and optimization.
- Identify potential roadblocks and delays for project work and assist in issue resolution.
- Conduct project design reviews and code reviews.
- Review operational issues and determine measures for improvement.
- Estimate and assign project tasks; lead and perform analysis and system design; monitor the system to ensure stability, availability and quality; ensure on-time and on-budget project goals; provide subject matter expertise; and keep project stakeholders informed of development efforts and project goals.
- Able to build and scale high quality products.
- Required: Bachelor's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, Information Systems, or a closely related field
- 5 years of experience in design and development of enterprise software applications, or, alternatively, a Master's degree (or foreign education equivalent) and three years of experience as stated above.
- Must possess: 3 years of experience achieving business goals by aligning business, operational and software processes and deliverables using Agile development methodologies.
- Must possess: 3 years of experience driving software architecture strategy, and rapid building and deployment of fault tolerant enterprise systems, high throughput, batch processes, and multi-tier architecture solutions using SOAP/REST web services, message-oriented middleware, and business rules engine framework.
- Must possess: 3 years of experience in application and database performance tuning using sql optimization techniques and/or using application performance management tools.
- Must possess: 3 years of experience in design, data modeling and development for business reporting. Proven experience as executive director or in other managerial position
- Experience in developing strategies and plans
- Ability to apply successful fundraising and networking techniques
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance principles and managerial best practices
- An analytical mind capable for “out-of-the-box” thinking to solve problems
- Outstanding organization and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and public speaking skills
- MSc/MA in business administration or relevant field preferred