Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HR solution for small and medium-sized (SMB) businesses. In one beautiful dashboard, the Zenefits People Platform gives companies complete control and access to critical information (think payroll, health benefits, 401k, time off, talent management, employee directory and more) behind a single log in. Our software delivers a complete HR experience by combining our powerful application with dozens of best-of-breed solutions on the Zenefits platform. The result? A powerful, efficient people management solution that enables SMB businesses manage their teams, stay compliant and save thousands of hours in lost time.
As part of the Finance & Strategy (F&S) team at Zenefits, you will be responsible for improving strategic and financial decision-making across the company. In this dynamic, challenging role you’ll have serious impact a member of the hard-working team responsible for keeping our financial house in order as we continue to scale.
- Partner with business lines to understand understand Operational processes and develop reflective models
- Establish working relationships with Sales/SOPS, Marketing, Eng, and Product to understand product initiatives and impact on operating model
- Assist other FP&A team members with analysis, presentations, and management reporting.
- Identify areas of improvement in process and tools, making recommendations, and drive implementation.
- Develop financial planning and modeling tools to support Zenefits as it continues to scale.
- Build financial forecasts incorporating data from throughout the company to apply the financial impact to decisions
- Work with other FP&A team members to maintain important company-wide and department specific KPIs providing the company with a quick snapshot of financial and product performance
- Maintain a monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting cadence that provides management with a detailed look into business performance and expected projections
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience in FP&A
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or other analytical field. CPA and/or MBA preferred, but not required.
- Advanced Excel user
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate analysis effectively to non-financial team members
- Ability to generate a “so what?” and recommendations from analysis rather than just presenting data
- Ability to work equally well independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with fast pace and shifting priorities
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience with SaaS or other recurring revenue business model
- Experience using a SaaS planning system - experience with Adaptive Insights preferred
- Experience with databases and data pulling tools (SQL)