Sr. Engineering Manager
Zenefits People Platform helps empower the modern workforce for thousands of companies. Zenefits tightly integrates its powerful applications with other best-of-breed technologies and services to deliver the most comprehensible mobile HR experience on the market.
Some of Zenefits’ key features include HR, Benefits, Time, Payroll and Compliance. These applications integrate with our partners in email, collaboration, expense management, and employee engagement to create a powerful employee-centric ecosystem. The Zenefits People Platform aids companies in empowering their employees, managing change, and staying compliant.
About Zenefits Engineering Team
Zenefits engineering team is the pioneer in building an All-in-One HCM system. Building this highly integrated platform requires a high degree of collaboration across various functions such as product management and design, as well as customer facing operations and support teams. We spend a significant amount of time designing and implementing distributed engineering platforms unique to this space. You will be exposed to open-source technologies like Django, Python, Ember.js, React, and MySQL, and use them to solve complex issues such as manage distributed real world transactions, query over large data sets that encode various dimensions of date/time, management of complex business rules, and publication of data change notification events across the system to maintain data consistency.
- Responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies Zenefits values.
- Ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make highly impactful improvements to the business.
- Set direction for the team, anticipate strategic challenges via long-term planning.
- Highly collaborative with Product Management to plan, deliver and service features.
- Partner with recruiting to build a highly effective team.
- Communicate across teams and functions and drive engineering initiatives.
- Coach and mentor team members for their career growth.
- 10 years of professional software development experience.
- 3 years of managing high-performance engineering teams.
- Exceptional coding skills using a web development language, Python preferred
- Shipped several large-scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven success in leading engineering teams driven by business objectives.
- BS or MS degree in Engineering