Senior Security Engineer:
Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HCM (human capital management) solution for small and medium businesses. Designed as an interconnected ecosystem of apps, Zenefits delivers the most complete HR experience by combining its own powerful apps with dozens of best-of-breed providers on the Zenefits platform. Built on a modern technology stack, Zenefits’ platform provides a comprehensive Employee Record tightly integrated with Zenefits’ apps like on-boarding, payroll, compliance and benefits administration and partner apps like email, expense management, 401(k), and employee engagement. The result is a powerful HCM solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their people, stay compliant, and save thousands of hours in lost time.
As a part of our security team at Zenefits, you embody a collaborative, efficient, and flexible working environment. While required outcomes are clearly defined, you share a common purpose and goal with your colleagues: employing all measures to protect against threats to our business, because our technology governs HR and payroll for tens of thousands of companies. For us, enterprise technology security is way more than just handling vulnerabilities and managing identities. It is about being the partner to our business teams, building technology to securely scale our business, and keeping our customers safe enough. We are always looking for new ideas and collaborating to make sure the best ideas are executed. We focus on results and not just debate, we are architects, builders, and operators, not just advisors.
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new technologies and partner integrations.
- Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives.
- Interact directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats.
- Analyze, assess, and respond to various internal and external threats.
- Conduct regular security assessments.
- Develop tools and processes that make developing safe and secure products easier for our developers.
- Develop technology that helps our customers be safer.
- Be an advocate for security across the whole company.
- 5+ years in enterprise security engineering and/or DevOps security.
- You have designed, built, and operated enterprise security tools (DLP, Anti-malware, Firewalls, Identity & Access Management).
- You write clean, performant code. Builds supportable & quality systems.
- You are able to thrive in the ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment via your self-motivated and results oriented approach.
- You have excellent interpersonal verbal & written communication skills.
- You are a life-long learner with the initiative to acquire new skills as needed
Nice to Have:
- You have proven experience with Python.
- You have built and operated AWS and distributed systems.
- You have secured enterprise applications such as Salesforce, GSuite, and Zuora.