Senior Security Engineer (Product)
Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HCM (human capital management) solution for small and medium businesses. Designed as an interconnected ecosystem of apps, Zenefits delivers the most complete HR experience by combining its own powerful apps with dozens of best-of-breed providers on the Zenefits platform. Built on a modern technology stack, Zenefits’ platform provides a comprehensive Employee Record tightly integrated with Zenefits’ apps like on-boarding, payroll, compliance and benefits administration and partner apps like email, expense management, 401(k), and employee engagement. The result is a powerful HCM solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their people, stay compliant, and save thousands of hours in lost time.
At Zenefits, our security team embodies a collaborative, efficient, and flexible working environment. While responsibilities are clearly defined, we share a common purpose and goal: employing all measures to protect against threats to our business, because our technology governs HR and payroll for tens of thousands of companies. For us, product security is way more than just reading code and writing up findings. It is about being the partner to engineering, building technology to stamp out whole classes of bugs, and making our customers safe enough. We are always looking for new ideas and trying to make sure the best ideas rise to the top of the heap. We focus on results and not just debate, we are architects, designers and engineers, not just advisors.
- Provide security direction and develop control systems for a constant stream of new products and technologies.
- Take a leadership role in driving security and privacy initiatives (internal and customer facing).
- Interact directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats.
- Analyze, assess, and respond to various internet threats.
- Conduct regular security assessments.
- Develop tools and processes that make developing safe and secure products easier for our developers.
- Develop technology that helps our customers be safer.
- Be an advocate for security in R&D and across the whole company.
- 5+ years in product/application security and/or software development.
- Writes clean, performant, and scalable code. Builds production quality systems.
- Able to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment; self motivated and results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with web technologies and system design.
- Experience with Ci/CD tooling for code quality & safety
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Python/Django.
- Experience with Frontend Frameworks (React).
- Experience with AWS and distributed systems.