Data Analyst (Vancouver, BC, Tempe, AZ or San Francisco, CA), Strategic Analytics
Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HR solution for small and medium-sized businesses in the U.S. In one beautiful dashboard, the Zenefits People Platform gives employees complete control and access to their critical information (think payroll, health benefits, 401k, time off, talent management, an employee directory and more) behind a single log in. Our software delivers a complete HR experience by combining its own powerful tools with dozens of best-of-breed applications on the Zenefits platform (think Slack, Greenhouse, Google Apps and more). The result? A powerful, efficient people management solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their teams, stay compliant and save thousands of hours in lost time. Our team is dedicated to reimagining the employee experience in the new world of work. We hope you join us!
About Strategic Analytics:
We’re a small analytics team at a large company, which means that you have a ton of opportunity to learn and grow along with the team! There are three of us right now but we have plans to scale the team and analytics at Zenefits significantly over the next 18 months - so join us on the learning curve.
We utilize modern tools and embrace the vision of the full-stack data analyst. We’ve built a stack with Redshift, Mode, and dbt to empower data analysts to go all the way from raw data to modeling to analysis without waiting for external dependencies. Own the entire problem! We also have the ability to provide you with the tools and training you need to continue to grow in your analytics career.
Solve exciting problems: go deep on subscription analytics, marketing attribution, customer health scoring, churn prediction, and more. We have a unique, large, growing dataset that will enable you to slice and dice data related to small businesses, health care and people analytics in ways that very few others could.
- Perform complex data analysis using SQL and data visualization using a variety of BI tools
- Design and build dimensional data models to store the data in an easy to use format for reporting, dashboards, and self-service analytics
- Be the data expert supporting cross-functional teams, gathering data from various sources, and building automated reporting to democratize data across the company
- Communicate results directly with senior management at Zenefits
- Build internal data quality measures and processes to ensure the accuracy of data models, reports and dashboards
Required skills and experience:
- 2+ years working with a data warehouse/BI-tool (Redshift experience is a plus)
- 3+ years experience with self-service BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker or Mode)
- Experience in a startup data environment; exposure to common tools is a plus (Google Analytics, Salesforce, Zuora, etc.)
- Strong foundation in SQL with exposure to dbt a plus
- Some experience in a programming language like Python or R is beneficial but not required.
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Demonstrated capability to project manage multiple initiatives at once, liaison with stakeholders and communicate
- Experience synthesizing information and communicating takeaways to diverse audiences