Imagine a world where every car where there’s a smartphone is safer, where massive amounts of data and insights make cities safer and reduce insurance costs for everyone. Zendrive is executing rapidly on its mission of “making all ground transportation safer using data and analytics” and is focused on building products to support the evolution of transportation.
If you are passionate about transportation and leaving a meaningful impact on the world; if you believe that the mobile revolution together with machine learning and big data can help transform industries that are lagging behind-- you would love what we do at Zendrive.
As VP of Business Development, you will be responsible for building and managing a world class business development team and building partnerships with companies with large fleets including disruptors like Uber and Lyft and more traditional companies like UPS, AT&T and Coca-Cola. You and your team will also be responsible for developing channel partnerships to maximize distribution. Our ideal candidate is someone that has experience in the telematics, commercial fleet or transportation space building and managing business development teams and closing enterprise accounts. We’re looking for someone who wants to make a big impact right away and is excited about working in a fast shifting startup environment.
Job Responsibilities/Qualifications/Essential job Functions
- Own Business Development at Zendrive developing and executing strategy for making Zendrive the industry standard for monitoring commercial fleet safety and reducing fleet costs both in the US and abroad
- Build and manage a world class business development team (team is currently one person growing to 4+ immediately)
- Close large, strategic accounts and channel partnerships and grow them over time
- Work closely with CEO, Product Management, Customer Success and Marketing to inform company strategy and deliver an integrated experience for partners that fosters long term relationships
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant business development experience optimally with experience selling to commercial fleets or technology advanced transportation companies
- Demonstrated success in building a high performance team that meets or exceeds goals in a highly dynamic environment, international experience is a plus
- Demonstrated success in reducing time to close through process, systems and messaging
- Experience with Salesforce building pipeline reporting to monitor team performance and communicate it to internal stakeholders
- Experience working cross functionally at an executive level to drive company-wide success
- Experience building and managing channel partnerships, optimally in the commercial fleet space
- Competence building financial models
- Demonstrated success in negotiating and closing enterprise deals. Legal degree - a plus
- A business degree; MBA or similar post-graduate degree preferred
Why join us?
We thought you'd never ask! We offer all the usual stuff: competitive salary, medical/dental insurance, meals on site, gym and Spotify membership, top of the line equipment and compelling early stage equity. But the real perks are:
- Challenging and fun work on meaningful problems - you'll never have a boring day at the office.
- World-class team of engineers and researchers who love solving tough problems.
- The opportunity to work on a problem that aims to improve the lives of everyone and will make a meaningful, positive impact on the world (while building a multi-billion dollar business).
- The chance to develop lasting business relationships by helping build our growing set of partners.