As Engineering Manager at Zendrive in San Francisco you will be responsible for building web and mobile applications that enable fleet managers and drivers to improve safety. We're looking for a technical leader who is comfortable leading a team of brilliant engineers in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate is a geeky hands-on senior programmer with strong attention to detail and a vision to solve technical problems at scale.
- Lead a world-class frontend/mobile development team, and guide them to build highly functional and beautiful products that our customers come to love.
- Be responsible for hiring/mentoring of frontend/mobile engineering team members and committed to their personal/professional success.
- Work closely with product managers/designers to articulate product vision and roadmap.
- Work in tandem with data/backend teams to surface actionable insights that make it easier for fleet managers to run a safe fleet.
- Strong customer focus, deep desire to learn customer workflows and making Zendrive a key component of that workflow.
- Responsible for end-to-end delivery of product features and timelines.
- 8+ years of relevant hands-on experience with 5+ years in leading highly-complex, technically-challenging, cross-functional software projects.
- At least 3 years of experience managing a team of software engineers.
- Full stack development experience with specialization in building single page web applications.
- Experience in data visualization and presentation is a big plus.
- Experience with web analytics tools, performance tuning and browser compatibility issues.
- Experience with responsive mobile web and native mobile applications (Android/iOS).
- Attention to detail. Ability to work closely with designers, but also able to make independent design decisions.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the Telematics space
- Passion for big data, machine learning and data visualization
Why join us?
We thought you'd never ask! We offer all the usual stuff: competitive salary, medical/dental insurance, meals on site, gym and Spotify membership, top of the line equipment and compelling early stage equity. But the real perks are:
- Challenging and fun work on meaningful problems - you'll never have a boring day at the office.
- World-class team of engineers that loves solving tough problems.
- The opportunity to work on a problem that aims to improve the lives of everyone and will make a meaningful, positive impact on the world (while building a multi-billion dollar business).