Zeitworks is a Seattle-based venture-backed startup on a mission to streamline business process improvement and maximize human potential at work.
In every organization, teams are executing hundreds of repetitive business processes. Team members and business leaders alike want to improve these processes, but often cannot because they don’t have visibility into how these processes are actually performed.
Traditionally, the only way to discover and improve business processes has involved big projects, expensive consultants, intrusive over-the-shoulder observations, and countless meetings. The results are one-time snapshots of limited accuracy that take months to produce, and then are quickly out of date.
At Zeitworks, we use automated data collection and Machine Learning to automatically discover, analyze and improve an organization’s business processes with zero disruption, and provide business leaders with business insights in near real-time. Our disruptive technology and SaaS delivery model allow us to democratize process improvement by taking it directly to the leaders and team members that perform the work. With Zeitworks, companies can make improvements to upgrade their efficiency and their customer experience.
Zeitworks is led by successful startup executives including Chief Executive Officer Ryan Windham, former CEO of Cedexis (CTXS), and backed by leading venture capital investors Madrona and Jazz Venture Partners.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Zeitworks uses its proprietary Zeitworks Sensor to collect detailed business process activity stream data from its customers. We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join us in building a world-class ML pipeline that helps our clients make sense and make use of these large, complex data.
You will be responsible for building a modern analytics stack and scalable, resilient data pipelines to enable data modeling and ETL/ELT processes for delivering multi-dimensional datasets. You will work on the end-to-end data to ML process, from design and implementation of a modern workflow orchestration platform including implementing data ingestion routines, through the ML transformation for automated delivery of insights and recommendations via customer facing dashboards. You will work with the other members of the development team and customer success team to ensure both the accuracy and validity of the data, as well as the customer value of the resulting analytics and recommendations.
- Strong desire to build something very impactful from the ground up - shaping the product, team and company.
- Love big, complex problems and can translate ambiguous challenges into timely and meaningful business results.
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and solutions oriented, demonstrating success in owning projects end-to-end, including working with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent communicator and force multiplier for the team to take the technical vision forward.
- BS or equivalent degree in computer science or relevant quantitative discipline desired.
- At least 5+ years of experience in Python, C++, or Java
- 2+ years of experience required with modern data stores (RDBMS, cloud native data lakes and warehousing technologies, NoSQL DBs, etc.).
- Significant experience with writing SQL for data processing and analytical purposes
- Experience with IaaS providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with modern orchestration platforms like Airflow, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with container technologies (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as code using Terraform or AWS Cloud Formation or Ansible
- Experience with CI/CD Workflows and tooling
- Knowledge and interest in supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques
A Big Plus
- Experience with large-scale data processing and analytics technologies (e.g., Snowflake, Hadoop, Spark etc.
- Familiarity with data visualization and business intelligence reporting
- Domain knowledge of data/process mining and business process discovery
ZEITWORKS TEAM VALUES
Continuous Improvement means the relentless pursuit of excellence, both personally and professionally. We strive to reach our full potential both as individuals and as team members through an ongoing process of unceasing curiosity and development.
Empowerment comes by showing people how their actions directly impact the businesses’ goals, helping them to focus on what matters the most. We balance autonomy with accountability and risk with credibility. We develop leaders who can determine how to best deliver value for our customers and the company.
Speed is key, but it requires a well informed team, a plan, and measurable outcomes. We strive to have real, honest conversations about the right things and reach the best outcomes. Some mistakes will be made along the way but that’s good; it means decisions are being made. Even if things don’t go as planned, it’s an opportunity to share and to learn.
Integrity based on honesty, transparency and follow through, with no politics, hidden agendas or passive-aggressive behavior, builds trust. We share an obligation to respectfully put forth challenges when we disagree or see a problem; holding each other accountable ensures our collective success.
Diversity in who we are, our experiences, and our opinions, enables us to find creative and innovative solutions to challenging problems. We strive to create a culture based on humility and respect to ensure everyone can thrive. Everyone has the right to express their ideas and opinions and we encourage sharing them with candor, openness, and vulnerability wherever possible
Joy comes from sharing the journey with each other while respecting the balance between the me and the we. Working together we create a healthy, sustainable environment that allows us to celebrate each other as individuals and as a team, both at work and in life.
Zeitworks values inclusion and believes diversity at all levels as this will enable us to best accomplish our mission. We aspire to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments and are a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunities without regards to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, pregnancy or related medical conditions, disability status, marital status, or reservist/veteran status.