Zeitworks is a Seattle-based venture-backed startup on a mission to streamline business process improvement and maximize human potential at work.
In every organization, teams are executing hundreds of repetitive business processes. Team members and business leaders alike want to improve these processes, but often cannot because they don’t have visibility into how these processes are actually performed.
Traditionally, the only way to discover and improve business processes has involved big projects, expensive consultants, intrusive over-the-shoulder observations, and countless meetings. The results are one-time snapshots of limited accuracy that take months to produce, and then are quickly out of date.
At Zeitworks, we use automated data collection and Machine Learning to automatically discover, analyze and improve an organization’s business processes with zero disruption, and provide business leaders with business insights in near real-time. Our disruptive technology and SaaS delivery model allow us to democratize process improvement by taking it directly to the leaders and team members that perform the work. With Zeitworks, companies can make improvements to upgrade their efficiency and their customer experience.
Zeitworks is led by successful startup executives including Chief Executive Officer Ryan Windham, former CEO of Cedexis (CTXS), and backed by leading venture capital investors Madrona and Jazz Venture Partners.
Roles & Responsibilities
Zeitworks uses its proprietary Zeitworks Sensor to collect detailed business process activity stream data from its customers. We are looking for a machine learning expert to spearhead the research and development of our ML pipeline to enable our product to make sense and make use of these large, complex data. The Chief Scientist will be responsible for drawing upon multiple fields of expertise to create the core algorithms and models that enable our product to automatically discover and analyze business processes without user disruption.
This is a senior leadership role and a hands-on technical role. In it, you will not only be responsible for driving the technical direction of our ML platform, but also leading and expanding our ML group into a world-class team. The exceptional candidate will have a distinguished research background, including a strong publication record in ML or application areas, but enjoys and has a proven track record of applying these skills to solve complex, real-world problems. We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience with pipelines that include humans-in-the-loop, who thrive in a collaborative environment, and who enjoy mentoring junior scientists and engineers.
One of the most disruptive aspects of our business model is our ability to take our value proposition directly to business leaders under a self-service model, bypassing the traditional enterprise sales cycle, corporate red tape, and system integration projects. This makes Zeitworks a game-changer for companies wanting to make their operations more efficient and effective. You will be instrumental in developing the intellectual property and building the team for Zeitworks to become a disruptive and visionary innovator in the explosive category of process intelligence and automation.
- Strong desire to build something very impactful from the ground up - shaping the product, team and company.
- Love big, complex problems and can translate ambiguous challenges into timely and meaningful business results.
- Passionate about finding to make things work. You strive to understand the product and deliver impactful features that drive the business forward.
- A thought leader with an entrepreneurial drive who takes an inductive/deductive approach to problem solving
- Excellent communicator and force multiplier for the team to take the technical vision forward.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, with a focus on machine learning
- 7+ years of experience in data science, machine learning, and production software engineering
- Experience handling large scale quantitative customer data to solve problems, find patterns and answer questions
- Track record of architecting solutions to complex problems
- Knowledge and experience across a range of subfields and approaches within data science, with a strength of reviewing known patterns to create new approaches informed by multiple sources
- Experience with feature selection, model building, statistical methods, and optimization using supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques to support analytic objectives
- Be a hands-on individual contributor in addition to being a leader — write production code, build experimental models, evaluate results
- Demonstrated expertise with one or more of the following: Process mining, sequence mining, and pattern recognition with time series data. Additional expertise in NLP and computer vision desired
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, or similar
- Experience with Python and libraries for machine learning such as scikit-learn and pandas
A Big Plus
- Domain knowledge of data/process mining and business process discovery
- Passionate about solving business process inefficiencies using an innovative machine learning approach
- Understanding of UX concepts and how users interact with desktop and browser applications (human-computer interaction)
- Experience with event stream de-noising, segmentation, classification, pattern mining, and sequencing
- Have been part of a startup that's been acquired or IPO
ZEITWORKS TEAM VALUES
Continuous Improvement means the relentless pursuit of excellence, both personally and professionally for ourselves and our customers. It means striving to reach our full potential both as individuals and as a team through an ongoing process of unceasing curiosity and development.
Empowerment means showing people how their actions directly impact the businesses’ goals. It means helping them to focus on what matters the most, helping them balance autonomy with accountability and risk with credibility. It means developing leaders who can determine how to best deliver value.
Speed means more than moving fast, it starts with a well informed team, alignment around a plan, and measurable outcomes. Some mistakes will be made along the way but that’s good; it means decisions are being made. Even if things don’t go as planned, it means there will be opportunities to share and to learn.
Integrity means having transparency and follow through, with no politics, hidden agendas or passive-aggressive behavior. It means sharing an obligation to have real, honest conversations and respectfully speaking up when you disagree or see a problem. It means holding each other accountable ensures our collective success and to build trust.
Diversity means embracing the differences in who are and our experiences to find creative and innovative solutions to challenging problems. It means creating a culture based on humility and respect to ensure everyone can thrive and express themselves, their ideas and opinions. It means encouraging that we speak with candor, openness, and vulnerability wherever possible.
Joy means celebrating each other as a team and as individuals, as we share in this journey both at work and in life. It means working together to create a healthy, sustainable environment that balances the me and the we.
Zeitworks values inclusion and believes diversity at all levels as this will enable us to best accomplish our mission. We aspire to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments and are a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunities without regards to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, pregnancy or related medical conditions, disability status, marital status, or reservist/veteran status.